How to connect the Potentiometer to pixhawk cube black

hi
am using pixhawk cube black ,i want connect to potentiometer to pixhawk but i dont know how to connect it , for potentimeter collect the alpha and beta data . am using airspeed also that is connected to I2c port . please help me

Sorry please can you explain more what your trying to do ?

Maybe show a schematic of what you are trying and why? This may help us understand

thank for replying . i need alpha and beta data from pixhawk cube . that why am using potentiometer . the potentiometer its analog outputs so i connect to ADC port in pixhawk cube . then after armed the plane . after download the log file . how to see the analog data from ardupilot firmware .

You could connect it as a “range finder” (just for the purposes of logging - i understand that it is not actually a rangefinder)

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-rangefinder-maxbotix-analog.html?highlight=analog%20sensor

Alpha and beta data? What exactly do you mean?
Alpha and beta radiation testing? Or what?

i need alpha ,beta data

What on earth is alpha beta data? Explain in detail.

angle of attack

Ah, so you want to connect an AOA sensor?

am not using AOA sensor . am using potentiometer for measure the angle of attack how i connect to cube

AOA sensor… = Angle of Attack

As far as how or if Ardupilot supports this… not sure…

But how to physically connect And log it is easy.

Connect a cable to the port marked airspeed, connect power to one side of your potentiometer, ground to the other, and signal to the signal pin. Use a 50Kohm potentiometer

Then enable airspeed, but don’t use airspeed… you will need to calibrate the airspeed sensor in ardupilot to set 0 in the middle, and make the range make sense for you.

Then in the logs, the airspeed becomes the data you use…

If there is an existing AOA input option, or a general analog logging option, use that instead. Maybe someone else can educate me here as well :slight_smile:

1 Like