Is su on ground unit possible?

as I’m trying to mod routing table ( or just doing a traceroute ) on ground unit I need to get superuser acces but when trying to get su I end up with

$ /bin/busybox su root                                                                            
su: must be suid to work properly
$ cp /bin/busybox /tmp/
$ chmod u+s /tmp/busybox 
$  ls -l /tmp/busybox                                                                         
-rwsr-xr-x 1 shell shell 1916896 2021-09-27 15:34 /tmp/busybox
$ /tmp/busybox su                                                                             
$ /tmp/busybox su root                                                                      

I’m a bit confuse is there any root user on ground unit ?

I have a similar situation - we are needing to modify the networking configuration and also install apps that Android will not unload automatically as well as install several programs that need to start at boot and run as root. Not having root access to the controller is a big blocker for us.

We looked at the OEM Image Setup page but its not clear if this will get us what we want.

Who can I talk to at CubePilot / HereLink to ask about root access to our controllers? I have not had any luck reaching to to @Michael_Oborne or @Philip via PM, but perhaps they are occupied with other work at the moment.

Thanks for any help.