Kore board power capacity limits

Hi,

I am struggling to find a contact for Spektreworks, there is no contact details on their site.

I have the Kore board and need to know whether the power circuitry will cope with 4xTMotor MN6007 motor+esc combos.
They quote:
"Batteries up to 12S, or 50.4V, may be used.
The power distribution system is rated to supply 140A to the ESCs when exposed to stagnant air at room temperature, with surges up to 280A. "

Is this 140A at 12s? or 6s?

Motor specs:

“140A continuous current with 280A surges” which will be at the rated 12S voltage.
4 of those motors wont do more than 80 amps in the worst case scenario.

My advice with anything T-Motor is treat those tables of data as advertising material rather than what you will see in flight. Use ecalc for a better idea of what will really happen. Dont be tempted to go with props that are too big just because they are listed by T-Motor.
Slightly smaller props spinning faster have much more “authority” and attitude control.
I would use APD ESCs myself, but if you are staying with T-Motor avoid the Flame ESCs.
The integrated motor and ESC sets seem to work well.

eCalc - xcopterCalc - the most reliable Multicopter Calculator on the Web

Thanks for the info Shawn, will have a look at APD for future project but am tied in with Combo’s inbuilt Alphas for this.

Its good/reassuring to get a second opinion on the specs, generally manufacturers should replace amp figure with watts in these situations imho. considering the majority of users will be using these boards in 6s there is plenty of room for misinterpretation.

1 Like