MP errors when trying to replay tlog files with AIS enabled firmware

I am running MP 1.3.79 - 06-12-2022 on Windows 11. I have tlog files that I have extracted from one of my aircraft that is running ArduPilot firmware that has the ADS-B and AIS features enabled. I am trying to replay the tlog files using MP in the Telemetry Logs tab. When I load a tlog file from my aircraft, I get a constant stream of error messages starting with:

ERROR MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData - System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'mavlink_ais_vessel_t' to type 'PointLatLngAltHdg'

The full set of error messages are:

ERROR MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData - System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'mavlink_ais_vessel_t' to type 'PointLatLngAltHdg'. at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.<>c.<mainloop>b__200_16(GMapMarker marker) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 3998 at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.<>c__DisplayClass201_42.b__7(GMapMarker b) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 4178
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.<>c__DisplayClass201_02.<updateMarkersAsNeeded>b__2(String a) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 4179 at MissionPlanner.Utilities.CollectionExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable1 enumerable, Action1 action) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\ExtLibs\Utilities\CollectionExtensions.cs:line 43 at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.updateMarkersAsNeeded[TBuilder,TMarker](IEnumerable1 list, GMapOverlay gMapOverlay, Func2 GetTagSource, Func2 GetTagMarker, Func2 create, Action2 update) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 4176
at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.mainloop() in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 3996
FD Main loop exception System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type ‘mavlink_ais_vessel_t’ to type ‘PointLatLngAltHdg’.
at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.<>c.b__200_16(GMapMarker marker) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 3998
at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.<>c__DisplayClass201_42.<updateMarkersAsNeeded>b__7(GMapMarker b) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 4178 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.<>c__DisplayClass201_02.b__2(String a) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 4179
at MissionPlanner.Utilities.CollectionExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable1 enumerable, Action1 action) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\ExtLibs\Utilities\CollectionExtensions.cs:line 43
at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.updateMarkersAsNeeded[TBuilder,TMarker](IEnumerable1 list, GMapOverlay gMapOverlay, Func2 GetTagSource, Func2 GetTagMarker, Func2 create, Action2 update) in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 4176 at MissionPlanner.GCSViews.FlightData.mainloop() in C:\Users\mich1\Desktop\CubePilot\MissionPlanner\GCSViews\FlightData.cs:line 3

@Michael_Oborne any thoughts on this?

got a log?

I updated to MP 1.3.80 and the errors described here no longer occur, I suppose that 1.3.79 didn’t have your AIS support in it yet.

The tlog files load properly however there is another issue where the map UI stops updating and doesn’t respond to mouse events unless I change the zoom level, at which case mouse overs on the ships and planes work again but the planes don’t move as I play the log files. I will gather some more information and do a few more test flights that have both ships and planes and grab the tlog files from those flights and create a new issue here.

I have attached the tlog file and a screenshot of what I see when I play the file, however one strange thing I notice is that the first time I load this file after starting MP I only see the two planes and they move quickly then stop. When I load the file again, the planes do not move but the ship appears. Mousing over the planes or the ship does not bring up the pop up that describes the target. I need to change the zoom level (and can change it back) for that to work.

It is possible that this tlog file is corrupted since we were having problems with the power systems on our aircraft.

2023-06-23 10-44-42.tlog (735.0 KB)

thanks for the log

new beta mission planner out shortly, and should just work

1 Like

@Michael_Oborne I used the “Check for BETA Updates” button in MP 1.3.80 and it downloaded a bunch of stuff and I am now running:

MP - Mike Bender

Is this the beta version that you referred to?

yes, whatever version you got from this. the number is autogenerated

1 Like

I see the MP version is 1.3.80 followed by a build number. Does 1.3.8x (where x > 0) indicate a non-release version such as beta?