Multi Herelink Test

Hi
I have done some tests with my herelink units as follows:
Unit A Herelink is the master unit connected the drone, with video sharing enabled.
Unit B Herelink is connected to the Unit A’s hotspot, receiving telemetry data and video feed. (You get to change parameters on unit B as well which is a pretty cool feature.) Unit B is left next to Unit A.
Unit C Herelink is also connected to Unit A’s wifi. C is then moved further away from the setup which causes the video feed on all three units to start pixelating and freeze. Only when C is disconnect from the hotspot do the video feeds on A and B return to normal.

May I ask if there are functions to prevent slave units from affecting the main video feed? At the same time, any options of assigning only certain controls only to slave units? (gimbal control etc.)

2 Likes

@sidbh
Can we listen to the video only without interaction?

Will review this issue internally and revert with solution and/or reason.

Arriving late, if I separate two units by a bit of distance can I choose which one is boss in flight? ie takeoff with a delivery and send it a machine to a landing area and then have the landing side take over, once it has strong enough comms? Then send it back and reverse the process??

We will be adding this feature

Excellent, any chance that will be in time for the African Drone Forum Lake Kivu challenge next Feb? (Demanding much)

@sidbh ???

I was going to post the same question. Looking to pass control from one unit to another. Mostly for gimbal control to a rover who is away from the launch point on a rescue mission. Would be nice if they could take gimbal control to look at what they needed to.

1 Like