Need some information about herelink next update

Hi,

Just require some information about herelink next update.

1. Will herelink roll wheel in next update not be self centering. I mean that would Lua script or anything would be implemented to control the gimbal without self centering so the gimbal would stay in the same position ? Due to this thing only I am in confusion that should I buy the herelink or not ? I want the herelink roll wheel to not be self-centering so it would be 100 percent complete. If anybody would know about this thing like @MadRC @philip @Alvin then please reply me. It would be very helpful so that I can purchase the herelink after this thing is clear that the roll wheel would not be self centering after the new update.

2. Does anybody know when the next update of herelink would come ? Please help me with above queries.

Hi,

1. Will herelink roll wheel in next update not be self centering. I mean that would Lua script or anything would be implemented to control the gimbal without self centering so the gimbal would stay in the same position ? Due to this thing only I am in confusion that should I buy the herelink or not ? I want the herelink roll wheel to not be self-centering so it would be 100 percent complete. If anybody would know about this thing like @MadRC @philip @Alvin then please reply me. It would be very helpful so that I can purchase the herelink after this thing is clear that the roll wheel would not be self centering after the new update.
  2. Does anybody know when the next update of herelink would come ? Please help me with above queries.

Hi,

Hi,

The option will be for both on the herelink. So self centre or rate.

As for timescales it’s currently in alpha, the guys are doing a lot of work. They will share when it’s ready for beta. Sorry it’s not for me to give time scales on that.

Hi. You mean that Lua script or something else will be implemented to control the roll wheel as non self centering ? I just wanted to confirm again. If yes, then it would be 100 percent complete. Nothing else needed. With a seagull rec you can easily control camera and along with herelink, it will be fun to fly the drone.

I mean the roll wheel not self-center in next update ? Am I correct @MadRC ?

No you can choose between the way it is now or rate style mode where the output stays where you put it. The more you move it one way the fast the output changes but it stops and stays at that position.

Hi. You mean that the by using rate style mode, even If I release my hand from the wheel, the value will remain same though the wheel would come to the center position. Means if the gimbal is at 45 degree, even if I release my hand, it will be in 45 degree only though it will self center ? Am I correct @MadRC

Hi. You mean that by using rate style mode, even If I release my hand from the wheel, the value will remain same though the wheel would come to the center position. Means if the gimbal is at 45 degree, even if I release my hand, it will be in 45 degree only though it will self center ? Am I correct @MadRC
I will be using solex tx as my default app. So where do you think this option for setting rate style mode would come. Would it be for solex tx, qgc or herelink original settings ?

Hi @MadRC . You mean that rate style mode will help me to control the gimbal. If I release my fingers from the roll wheel, still the value will remain same for the gimbal? I will have my setup done in this way. I have still not purchased herelink but as soon this gimbal queries get solved by next update, I will purchase it. Please correct me @MadRC if I am wrong as I am too a beginner. I will be using solex as my default app. This is my solex settings along with my pixhawk cube orange pins for which I have connected a three axis gimbal. In solex, (I have set the wheel settings by default to RC CH : 9 and I have connected the pitch axis of my gimbal to AUXILIARY : 1 of my pixhawk cube orange pin) and (I have assigned A short press to change the wheel settings to CH : 10 and I have connected the yaw axis of my gimbal to AUXILIARY : 2 of my pixhawk cube orange pin) and (A long press is assigned as clear wheel settings to get back to CH : 9) This all are done in solex tx app in herelink. So if the yaw angle is set to 50 degree using roll wheel and then I release my fingers, then also it will stay in 50 degree ? And another thing is that A short press and A long press, both the button channels are set in as toggle button and not a momentary button in herelink original settings, so will the above setup for gimbal work as I expect @MadRC ?

So rate style mode works like non self centering but not exactly the same, it is a bit different ?
Am I right ?

This weekend I will be sharing a video giving a sneak peek at this. I will post when it’s out.

Hi @MadRC Thank you for your fast response and I hope you make a detailed video on showing the rate style mode a bit in a detail with some examples :_ such as controlling a gimbal with rate style mode and showing the output of it through demonstration. Hope, not even to me but it also helps to many others as we have been waiting for this since a long time. Thanks @MadRC