Pixhawk Cube not booting

Can you confirm what firmware you have flashed it with first of all ?

Secondly can you post a screen shot Or video of your com port for it.

The way it works now is very much different to before. As Philip said they Cube is now shipped blank and Chibios uses deferent drivers.

The chances of the cube being faulty are very very low. With the current releases there can be a little playing with the drivers to get it to behave especially if you have used one before.

@MadRC thanks for the reply. The two Cubes are brand new and never been flashed. They create a com port, but wonā€™t allow me to flash firmware. Iā€™ve downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled MP. Iā€™m assuming the baud rate for usb is still 115200?

The chances are Windows is seeing the old driver, post a screen shot of the device manager with it connected.

Make sure you are using latest mission planner and try the beta build, you get this from the Help page next to updates.

What port shows up?

Ok, sorted. You were correct MadRC, Windows was still seeing the old drivers! I had to restart my laptop to enable the new ones.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Nope. I am still with that problem.

1 Like

So, is it working now?

Could you explain ā€œinstallingā€ the drivers?
Itā€™s just downloading from http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/driver.msi and running the .msi file right?

Jigyasu

1 Like

Before you do that driver install, start Mission Planner, hit Ctrl-F and click on ā€œDRIVER CLEANā€

3 Likes

I had a exactly same problem, tried about couple of hours.

It worked for me by using qgroundcontrol daily build version.
It detect cube and you may can upload px4 firmware.

Give it a try

1 Like

That worked! Thanks a lot.
So whereā€™s the problem here? Is it the drivers? or QGroundControl? or PixHawk? I would say the PixHawk because I was able to connect other PixHawk cubes with QGroundControl, but not this one. But I am not sure if itā€™s just the PixHawk.

1 Like

When i try to upgrade to latest copter, during the fw download when"cheking comports" Computer cant connect back to the board. I get message ā€œno board detectedā€. I have cleaned old win drivers and installed them again, no help. Side noteā€¦ On boot up, i noticed that if i have cube Black connected to mission Planner, MP cant find the board but if i connect after board boot up MP connects normally and i get all parameters etc. Cant load parameters to QGC or solex when starting either program. Will try again today and report if any progress. WIN10,cube Black.