Powering Cube servo rail

Hi all,

I’m new here, I apologize if this is a redundant question. Is it possible to power the servo rail and the main power input from the same source, or does the servo rail need a separate power source?

It’s depends on what you class as the same source. If you mean battery yes absolutely.

If you mean from the same regulator or BEC then no and caution is advised as an over current or short on the servo rail could kill your main power.

The advice I give is use a separate BEC or regulator for both. Something like the Mauch for the Cube and then another with suitable current for the rail.

It’s easy to under estimate what servos will need so make sure you specify correctly.

Also a good esc with BEC could be used to power the rail if you have that setup.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the ESC I’m using doesn’t have a power connection for the servo rail, only the ground and signal wires. Otherwise that would be perfect.

I currently have a regulator coming off the main connection from the battery to power a camera and a transmitter, I can run a second one to the rail.

That’s the best option.

Yes, but only do this on power 2

Power 2 has a zener diode protection

2 Likes

This thread reminded me of a question I have been meaning to ask:

Should I be installing a zener diode on my Carrier Board with Cube Orange’s servo rail?

I have 8 dji ESC’s connected (s1000) and I am using the power (middle wires) on my servo rail. Should I be using the power wire for each servo going to each motor’s ESC? Would I be just as well to remove the power wire for each? I do use the servo rail for my landing gear on AUX OUT1.

Ok, two questions.

No stress as the rail is not connected like it was on Pix 1,

1 Like