QGround Control issue after update

No, at no point after step 1. did QGC, Solex, or Mission Planner connect to the vehicle.

And by pair, you see a steady link in the Herelink settings window? I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Yes, initiate Pairing in Herelink app, press and hold button on air unit, and receive “Paired” message in app.

Then when connected see rates for air and ground units in the Herelink notification drop down and app.

Also, hdmi video downlink works. Just not the telemetry connection.

Is it possible it is just the video signal that is sending and receiving data? Check that there is actually a solid connection between the autopilot and the Herelink air unit. Check the cable and connections themselves.

OK before the holidays I updated my Herelink system and had the same issue with Q Ground Control. I reflashed from the windows_flasher.exe program but no luck. Set it aside with the intent of figuring it out later. This evening I started working on it again. Did the various updates from the GS, re-paired, etc. When connecting via UDP broadcast Mission Planner detected the MAVLINK stream but didn’t get any data. I noticed the airlink only lit LED2. I figured I would go ahead and flash from windows_flasher.exe again. This time I got LED 1 and LED 2 on the air unit and it seems like everything is working again, including UDP broadcast over WiFI and QGC on the ground station controller. At no point did I lose radio connection and judging by the speaker tones I always had PPM output to the cube.

So reflashing your air unit just fixed it? That is odd, it may be something to try for future issues but I attempted this to no effect on my end.

I’m not there yet but …

Had about the same problems last week after updating the Herelink (ground and air units). Had the same problems with QGroundcontrol. Deleted the cache and data from the apps->settings from QGroundcontrol (GCS) and got it working.

Verified all physical connections. LED2 is solid green, indicating valid controller (not just video) signal.

Also tried clearing cache and data for QGC.

Can’t see my particular issue as anything other than some sort of physical damage from it’s time back with Foxtech.

It is possible. I know the air unit runs hot, thermal inconstancy could be a telling sign. Do u happen to have a thermometer?

Everyone does these days:)

Haven’t noticed it running hot. Currently 23.2c.

Ours routinely runs to hot to touch after broadcasting for a while. I will clock it after our next run and post it but that seems quite cool like some sort of power issue.

Just a followup- never was able to get connected in QGC. Foxtech initiated a return.

Whether I get a refund for the defective equipment seems to be another story. Not a good situation…

Please keep me updated on this issue as I am curious to see what the problem and solution turns out to be. Sorry nothing here could help.

I have a new herelink Ground unit and Air Unit which I’ve had for more than a month and not even used it for a single time . But today I had to use it and i paired it and it asked for an update of the devices and i have done all the updates, but unfortunately it is not working it shows “waiting for vehicle connection” , The Ground and air unit are paired already but Air unit is not connecting with the QGC, I have already tried to connect in Mission planner too but same problem occurred.
Can anyone please resolve why the Air unit is not connecting with QGC. ?

@DHANJEET_YADAV I am also facing same problem
did you solved it?