SB_0000002 Critical service bulletin for Cubes Purchased between January 2019 to July 2019. DO NOT FLY

So do you think that a crash that has not externally damaged the Cube protected inside the frame, frame that has not been damaged, except the landing gear, is the cause of a typical problem of that Cube series?

I’m happy to do a crash analysis for you. But there is no way I can possibly determine what may or may not have been damaged in a crash without a physical investigation.

Please start a new thread on this one, as it’s not a SB2 related issue other than symptoms

Hello @philip
I’ve faced the discussing issue after a first flight, and the recommendations provided above didn’t help.
The cube SN is CU11A9300680
Could you please suggest, should I contact the seller, or we may try to debug the issue remotely?
Thanks in advance!

There are no steps to “fix” this fault other than contacting your reseller

Understood, thanks!

I am getting the error: “Check BRD_TYPE: Failed to init CubeBlack - sensor”

I am running what I believe to be the latest version of Mission Planner: “1.3.72”

I have installed the latest ArduPlane firmware “4.0.5”.

I have confirmed that the Cube parameters match those as outlined in the bulletin.

The original error is persisting and I am unable to get the flight controller to fully boot. At this point in time am I correct in understanding that my only recourse is to request an RMA from Foxtech?

This is a little strange because I have flown 4 missions with this new UAV without issue, but in preparation for my 5th flight, this error presented itself.

Thanks

Hello, Tyler,

Sorry for any inconvenience. Please contact the reseller where you purchased this cube for the RMA.

Hey Eric,

Am I correct in understanding that this defect is contained in the cube and not the carrier board? I am contemplating just switching the cube with another black cube that I have. Is this a reasonable course of action? Or is the issue with the carrier board?

Appreciate your help.

Tyler

Hello, Tyler,

Yes, you can do that. Usually there is no problem with the board. Please try to change another cube and let me know the result. Sometime the error comes out due to the loose connection.

1 Like

The error is 100% isolated to the cube, SB02 has no relationship to the carrier board

1 Like

Hi Philip,
My Cube, would have been from this batch period, shipped from Foxtech and currently on 4.1.0dev. how if at all will this issue affect me if I still need to run the Foxtech code /params? And not the latest stable 4.0.7 or similar? Do I just need to confirm the following Parameters? Steve
BRD_TYPE == 3
EK2_IMU_MASK == 7
(or EK3_IMU_MASK == 7 if using EKF3)
INS_USE == 1
INS_USE2 == 1
INS_USE3 == 1

We have no way of knowing on that foxtech code as they have not released the source.

Try it on latest normal code to see if the error comes up

1 Like

This is my last question,on this topic and need a detailed explanation because I am just a beginner,Firstly I want to tell you that I got effected by this service bulletin and contacted my reseller for replacement and reseller took my cube and sent me the same cube back by saying that it got repaired.I left my project on drone at that time and not installed the cube after getting it repaired.But now I want to restart my project so I want to know now what the steps should I take for a safe flight.I updated my mission planner to the latest version and also installed the latest firmware on the cube,what extra I have to take care for a safe flight because last flight injured me so badly(THAT WAS ACTUALLY MY FAULT BECAUSE I FLEW IT AFTER GETTING WARNING FROM MISSION PLANNNER) but now I want a safe and uninterrupted flight.So do I have to upload cube_black firmware also stated above or I am good to go with latest MP and firmware.Please guide me.And one thing more my reseller returned me the same cube after 1 month saying that it got repaired,is it ok
I am asking this because YOU said that we must ask for a replacement from our reseller

1 Like

Who is your reseller? And what is the barcode on the base of the cube?

And I forgot to thanks you for replying on such old topic

Gadget Deals India,

@Eric_Xie, can you please track this cube? I want to ensure that it has indeed been through the full RMA and QC process as I strongly suspect it has not, and if not, ensure it’s replaced ASAP with a new CubeOrange

Hello, Sumit,

may I ask when you purchased from Gadget? Also, please contact Gadget for the RMA.

One last thing,does my cube has not gone through RMA.

I have purchased it in March 2019.Ok Do I ask him to provide me cube orange as stated by Philips.Thanks for your support