SB_0000006 time to Go Orange

Reminder to plan for upgrade to cube Orange soon, Orange is the new Long Term Stable (LTS) option.

This is not a safety notice, but is critical for people to know.

The cube Black sensors are all End Of Life from suppliers.

We have multiple options for people needing cubes moving forward. Pick an option to suite your needs.

1. Switch to cube Orange, cube Orange and the upcoming Cube Orange Pro are the best autopilots in the Unmanned industry.

2. If you absolutely MUST have current design CubeBlack, contact your reseller and order in advance for the total number you will need.

3. Switch to cube Black +

Cube black plus is the latest version of cube black, it has newer sensors, but the same F4 FMU as the cube black. this is only for users that cannot use the Orange cube, if you can use the orange cube, please do.

Cube black
IMU1 MPU9250
IMU2 LSM303D/ L3gd20
IMU3 MPU9250

Cube black+
IMU1 ICM20948
IMU2 ICM20602
IMU3 MPU9250

Ardupilot supports CubeBlack plus

1. For PX4 users. There are some developers working on Cube Orange support. Once that work is proven, you will be able to switch to orange. Meanwhile, yellow is in PX4 master, and Black+ shouldn’t be a difficult path forward. Remember that as soon as orange is released in Stable, I recommend PX4 users go with orange as well.

Thanks Daniel Agar for the great news of PX4 support!

5 Likes

What does this mean for the Yellow Cube?

Hello Phillip,

Does this also apply to cube blue? Will there be a variant of cube orange but US?

What are the specs on Cube orange pro?
Cube Black+ will be available only on pre-order or will be available anytime?

Nothing Yellow has same sensors as Orange.

Thanks for the info.

Cube Orange Pro will be announced shortly, but as it is new, it will not be part of the Stable solutions offered.

We will give details on the capabilities of the cube Orange when we put the first batch up for sale.

2 Likes

Regarding our USA program.

Cube Blue will move to CubeBlue+ once we can no longer build the current model.

Unless you are mandated to use USA rather than simply, not made in China, I would strongly recommend using the Cube Orange as it is made in TW and goes through a much more stringent testing program.

If you absolutely need USA, we will run CubeBlue/Orange by request, but there are MOQs etc.

Please contact me if you have any questions

1 Like

Yellow continues as before, but is only recommended as a stopgap for PX4 users until Orange support is added to PX4

OK. Anything new; orange. got it.

1 Like

FYI PX4 has had Cube Orange support (community contributed) since May. PX4 v1.11 will be the first stable release with board support.

That’s great news! As such, I will update the recommendation that all move to Orange.

I really don’t want PX4 users missing out!

Thanks so much Daniel!