Serious clipping

Hi,

I experience serious Clipping.

First What mean clip 1 2 3?

Is it representing IMU 1 2 3 or what exactle?

I noticed difference at IMU 1 2 3 accel outputs is that normal?

Thank for ideas BR Peter :slight_smile:

The section on vibrations:
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-diagnosing-problems-using-logs.html#vibrations

Start with any loose items or wiring that might be causing the vibes or be transferring them to the flight controller. Check prop balance, and even motor balance.

The three imus see the world differently by design…

Your frame has something going very wrong on it…

Phillip,

Can this issue cause the fitting the autopilot on the supplied 3 foam doublesided stickers??? I looked back in month of history and from beginning I have there these clips

I have one hex rotor with the same fitting of the black cube and there I have cliping only during agressive flight max to 50 - 90 in extreme sharp flying…

But back to this quad. I tryed everything CLIP 2 is always very high but the vibration is under 30 except a very sharp braking. Can you please explain me first what that CLIP represent? or I know its a point when I reach 16G etc on accel but what mean the numbering? 0,1,2 is the axis or IMU number?

Wha I did:

Fixed all loosen objects
Replaced props

I have no idea what next… Can it be caused by the unit itself? faulty sensor or something? How much is this affecting safety? I dont want to use it until I dont proceed with this bcs its time and money consuming and happened only with this exact unit and I built few drones with excellent results only this one is crappy.

Thanks

Peter,
Post a log file. There is no way to accurately tell what the issue might be without one.

Logs and lots of photos.

Clip means that the sensor has had over 15 g of acceleration in the Z axis, or over 16 g in other axis

Hi,
Pls find attached

Thanks Peter

I could not open the log file. We need a .bin file.

Please just load the .bin here

last log.zip (4.0 MB)

Hi, So I was trying for long time fix the issue but still its mistery with this quad why the CLIP2 is very very high. I run out of ideas.

What I was not trying to swap cubes.

Still same fitting of the cube to structure the sticking pads provided in the box.

Like I mentioned I have more drones but only this one have cliping issues.

Thanks Peter

Only clipping on clip2?

If so, that means your vehicle has large vibration, wand the autopilot is managing this well with the internal isolation on sensors 0 and 1

Please just post the .bin file here.

You posted a zip that opens to a .rar

Hi,

Sorted out maybe with design change. The frame is no more in use with this motors configuration. Most likely the issue was prop related. Bcs on other frame with different props it performed well. For just sure for now the Cube is isolated I will put it on test S500 frame to check it out.

Problem with .BIN is that is too large Im not able to upload it here.

Best Regards Peter

Hi,

I am getting an error message of “Accel 1 clipping, not safe to fly” on cube orange with PX4 version 1.13.2 but when change the firmware to 1.11.0, Accel 1 clipping error doesn’t show up.

Is this an issue of the firmware?

Worth looking at the logs.

As new firmware comes out, new safety features are added…