Show us what your Building

Show us what your Building for the Cube

This is my build that’s on the workbench 50cc 2.6m UAV

Looks little lost in that fuse

2 Likes

This is a very nice looking build!

My only concerns are how you are mounting the cube. Please remove the isolation mount you have there. Any vibration from the engine should be isolated at the engine.

Mounting a cube on that type of isolation mount will cause rotation when the unit is seeing lateral acceleration. Unless your logs show unacceptable levels of vibration, you should hard mount the cube.

Once you have some logs, let’s discuss mounting options

Thanks for the the input
yes i was not going to use that mount but it was stuck on cube from another plane in the first picture i had pulled it off

52520490_380941196022654_3338621784491556864_n

3D modeled, manufactured, and tested for RTK/PPK photogrammetric accuracy and 3-5.5 hours of endurance.

3 Likes

And tucked away inside there is a cube mini on a custom 3D printed mount!

3 Likes

Here’s what I’m in the process of building.
Tarot 680 pro
Cube
Sunnysky x3508s
Arris 30amp escs

Been out of the hobby couple years so looking forward to using this fc. Hoping I don’t have the service bulletin issues but we’ll see when I plug it in.
Right around the time I stopped flying was when the 2.1 came
Out. Awesome to see how far it has come since then. That herelink is looking pretty dang nice. . image

1 Like

dr2s

Cube FC
Here+ RTK
Drotagx
Sony a5000
2216 motors
Integy frame

I just finished this rebuild. I wanted to build a 4/3 sensor drone for surveying. The drone & camera weight without battery @ 3.0 lbs. We tested it at 4.3 & 3.5 lbs takeoff and compared to a X5 camera on an inspire one. Of course I have no gimble or OSD so the x5 has advantage of many camera controls & 4k purpose. The simple foam mount sony picture resolution is surprisingly much better than the x5 on the 7.3lb inspire. I sure could use an OSD but mission planning works ok for overlapping my photos.
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Question is that tin lid under the GPS ?

It is a choke ring designed to keep miltipath signals getting to the GPS antenna. I am having issue with the telemetry degrading the GNSS signals. So I tried this ring soldered to a copper clad board.

This is the base GPS antenna that I built. Same RF issue until I used this choke ring.