Solex on screen Gimbal Control

After struggling to get some sort of gimbal tilt on the Herelink buttons it was great to discover there in an on screen slider for gimbal tilt. And it worked - sort of.
I have my simple a simpleBGC controlled via a telemetry link from the cube. From Mission Planner the ‘point camera here’ works perfectly. The problem is, after the on screen slider is used, the camera will point there but only for 2 seconds and then points vertically down. Any slider movement only produces a temporary tilt. Is it something in my config or a Solex issue?
Shame, its 99% there.

@kellyschrock

Video about the issue. (first one deleted as too much waffle).

1 Like

Hi Vince, the on-screen slider in Solex uses DroneKit’s “GimbalApi” to control the gimbal, and that API is likely to be somewhat out of date. I’ll make a note to address this issue in a near-future Solex update.

Thanks,
Kelly

3 Likes

@kellyschrock Now what about this issue ? Is it solved ?

Hi @Vince I am looking for your help. How did you setup seagull #REC. What button do you use for zoom in/out, video start/stop, etc ?

I believe so, I tested a gimbal a few days ago with the gimbal slider, and it worked perfectly. I think a lot of that depends on the gimbal you’re using and how it’s configured.

The video you’re showing seems to show you moving the gimbal with the slider in Solex, releasing the slider, and then something else taking control of it.

The way the slider in Solex works is that when you start sliding it, it takes control of the gimbal and sends it a command to angle it. When you release the slider, it goes back to the previous control mode. So if you have an RC that’s controlling it too, the gimbal will move to the position commanded by the RC. If you have another app (eg MissionPlanner) moving the gimbal, that could interfere with it as well. From what look of the video, it looks like something else is trying to control the gimbal at the same time Solex is.

Ok. Now another question is that then what setup should be done in solex tx in order to use the on screen slider ? I mean see, the slider can only control the gimbal pitch axis (if I am right) ? The yaw
axis should be however controlled with the gimbal roll wheel within the solex.
My configuration in my pixhawk cube is that my pitch of my gimbal is connected to main out 5 of my pixhawk cube orange and yaw axis to main out 6 on pixhawk cube orange. Next what settings to do in solex tx to use slider as pitch control and solex tx gimbal wheel for yaw axis ? @kellyschrock

Ok. Now another question is that then what setup should be done in solex tx in order to use the on screen slider ? I mean see, the slider can only control the gimbal pitch axis (if I am right) ? The yaw
axis should be however controlled with the gimbal roll wheel within the solex.
My configuration in my pixhawk cube is that my pitch of my gimbal is connected to main out 5 of my pixhawk cube orange and yaw axis to main out 6 on pixhawk cube orange. Next what settings to do in solex tx to use slider as pitch control and solex tx gimbal wheel for yaw axis ? @kellyschrock

Hi @Vince ,

please help me.

How should I connect my alexmos simple bgc gimbal in such way that I can control it through my solex tx herelink ?