Supported Flight Controllers

I know of Pixhawk Cube, Pix Mini etc, but any other FCs people have had success with thus far using their Herelink? I’m partial to Matek boards and am I to understand that there has been success with Ardupilot on a Matek with Mavlink support?

The only supported flight controllers are the Cube series, we do not support any “Pix” or any other flight controllers.

Anything with the name “Pix” in it on today’s market is not the real thing.

Sorry to be blunt…

So you do not support the pixhawk 2 Edison & Here GNSS Kit, A collaborative work between Hex and ProfiCNC?

That’s little more than blunt, it’s more like eating your weakest young because you don’t like the way it looks.

(What species of bird does that, I can’t remember…?)

Marketing does a good job of making things confusing but a Pixhawk 2 is a cube series, a least it has “cube” silkscreen on the outside, so please clarify…

Wormwood

I think your getting a little confused on the controller.

The Cube Black is what is formally known as the Pixhawk 2.1 so yes it’s supported, they are one in the same , name has just shifted away from Pixhawk brand now as it’s down it’s own path from the reference PX4 FMU designs with all the other models.

I think what Philip means is they do not support original Pixhawk or any other FC with derived from the Pixhawk brand or PX4 FMU designs.

This is not to say it won’t work and it very much will however from Profi point of view they are only going to support their own hardware and Arupilot.

So Hardware

The Cube Yes
Pixhawk 2.1 Yes.
Any other Pixhawk will work but your on your own as such.

Software
Aidupilot Support only
PX4 your on your own

The thing is there is zero reason to use any other make of FC, if you already have an older Pixhawk it’s probably time to look at an update, none of the others like Pixhack,Pixhawk 4 or 5 offer anything better over the Cube, many of these are mass produced with little to zero support, while you may get a good one and have no issues there is zero benefit over the Cube.

What you do get with the Cube over all of the others is Philip and Profi’s input into Ardupilot, their help and backup. That alone for me makes the Cube the best overall choice, it’s not perfect as we have recently seen but nothing is and failure will happen but it’s how it’s handled that’s important.

That’s what I was hoping for but his post at face value said anything with “pix” on it is unsupported, so that put a little concern in my head.

Glad to hear Philip isn’t eating his own kids after all, it was just a rumor anyway. :slight_smile:

Not sure how much of the various flavored Pix and Px4 flight controllers available out there are licensed or legitimate, but surely you guys don’t have to be concerned as much with your newer products going down the same path… right? I mean, I don’t want to see a “HereLynx” controller for sale on the internet in the coming months.

Anyway thanks for getting back with me so quickly.

Wormwood