Switching between multiple Air Units

Hi everyone,

We are using herelink on multiple drones. Suppose if we want to fly 5 different drones back to back, we need to charge all 5 of the Herelink ground units and carry all of them to the field. Is there any way to use a single ground unit with multiple air units? One way I know is to pair the same ground unit with different air units before each flight, but that will require access to the air unit in order to put it in the pairing mode. Is there a better way to do this? For eg. storing the IP address of multiple air units in a single ground unit and then selecting which unit we want to connect with. That will make the process very easy.

Thanks

1 Like

Almost the same question for me. I have one quad, one exa and one octo and want to use the same ground controls for 3 different air units, simply by selecting in the ground unit the drone I want to fly. Is this possible with the new herelink V1.1? @Michael_Oborne

I was surprised this wasn’t possible. To make things worse, I fly LiDAR multirotors and a bathymetry boat. Every time I change units I need to reprogram my buttons. All my old Futaba radios have unlimited model memory locations.

I think this is in the works, but is not currently released or available. I agree it would be great to be able to use one ground unit with multiple air units. The brighter screen is a definite upgrade in my opinion.

yes in the works. we have it working already on 1.0 and 1.1. the time consuming part isnt make it link to other air units, its the whole rc system and settings between air units.

ie if the settings and config and channel output didn’t change, it could likely be out now.

I’m eagerly waiting!

Me too.

Actually, the same setting and config would work for me. I use one TX for bathymetry and another for multiple quads and X8’s. My configuration for the quad and X8’s are exactly the same. Button assignments, sbus outputs and controls would all be the same. Is there a beta version to test on? Difficult access to the bind button makes re pairing a huge pia lol!

It’s been a while, are there any updates on this topic ?

1 Like

Hello, are there any available solutions to this topic or alternative RC switching between multiple drone receivers with a single ground unit (transmitter)

1 Like

Another month has passed , do you have any information on this topic? In my application the receivers have identical configurations so I fit into the scenario you described earlier.
Is there a shadow of a chance that it will work this way with a combination of two AirUnit?

Can we expect any information about the expected introduction of such functionality?

1 Like

Any updates?

@Michael_Oborne Another month behind us, can we expect at least some information whether this functionality will be available sometime in the future (if so, some time frame) or is it already written off?

1 Like