Terrain as the default option for everything

Does anybody know if there is a way to make Terrain the default option within all of mission planner? We recently nearly had an incident where during a terrain based mission we needed to direct our multirotor away from a structure. We used the “Fly To Here” function and then soon realised that it was not following terrain and if we had of left it alone it would have crashed into the side of a hill. Also when planning a mission on the Plan tab, we always have to click the drop down box to change from Relative to Terrain mode and that gets very old, very quickly when you have to plan a lot of missions. Is there anywhere that we can set a global parameter so that we can use terrain altitude all the time.

Kind Regards,

Perry

Hi Perry, may I ask you few questions?
Did you use Lidar for terrain follow?
Did you use the latest version Mission Planner?
Did that issue happened before?
Can you show your set up If you do not mind?

Did you use Lidar for terrain follow?
No we are not using Lidar at the moment.

Did you use the latest version Mission Planner?
Yes, we are using the latest version.

Did that issue happened before?
Yes, it is the default way that the Go to Here option functions. I would just like it if our pilots don’t have to use another method and just right click on the screen and select go to here and it follows terrain like the rest of the Auto mission.

Can you show your set up If you do not mind?
What part of the “set up” would you like?

Kind Regards,

Perry

Does anyone else have any more ideas? I still can’t get this terrain follow in GUIDED mode to work. The documentation says it does, but is it just the ground station software “Mission Planner” commands that are not giving me that option?

Kind Regards,

Perry