USB mavlink tethering

use adb, not ssh.

using adb you can run
“adb root”
then
“adb shell”
and change anything you want.
be warned you can break things

Thank You. Warning understood. I’ll try to change some things, and give feedback if it worked.

Can you tell me where I could find mavlink-router configuration file? I’m looking for almost an hour without any luck.

these commands:

find / -name *.conf*
find / -name *router*
find / -name *mavlink*

are not giving anything useful.

I was able to figure out that mavlink router is sitting in /system/bin/mavlink-router.

Hello @Michael_Oborne ,
First of all thank you for the Mission Planner, you are letting us fly for years. Most of us owe this experience to you and the community!

When I try to adb root I am having “adbd cannot run as root in production builds” warning. Is the rooting not a thing anymore (After May2020 update)?

Thanks.

2 Likes

the new path for custom mods is to use the OEM image.

and yes, root has been locked down, but we still offer methods to get your custom apps on it.

also depending on why you need root, let us know. as we might be open to giving/grant access to these option as needed. IE the remote unit is locked down, and you have the ability to add app’s. the air unit is still a free for all.

Thank you for your answers Michael. I have already done with oem image and editing QGC according to our needs.

I am trying to add usb sound card to the air unit with OTG and make 2 way audio transfer. Do you think is it doable with android app on air unit?

Thanks.

To be honest, I am trying to do it for almost 2 years… I have attached additional module for audio transfer (temporary workaround). I couldn’t figure out how can I develop on air unit. Is there any guide for that? one ‘‘hello world’’ example would be great :slight_smile:

the air unit requires c++ programming, and knowledge of the device being used.

i do know we are looking at this in the background for a request we had. (it might have been you?)
we are progressing, but kernel changes require a lot of validation to ensure it doesn’t negatively effect other aspect of the system

If the request delivered to Alvin and he is frustrated from someone… Yes! It is definitely me.
I can imagine the required hard work for that. There is a project due and I know the lock down on HK that is why I am trying to figure it out by my self instead of bothering you more.

@Michael_Oborne

I was expecting that the MavLink would be automatically redirected to USB port when selecting thetering from this port… It is not the case ?

you need to initiate. so 192.168.42.129 port 14552

its only broadcast on the wifi ap mode

this has to do with the default broadcast address as well as the default route

1 Like

@Michael_Oborne Thanks for your prompt answer.

I have 2 PC
A) Mission Planner 1.3.73 == cannot connect UDPCI
but can connect mavproxy --master=udpout:192.168.42.129:14552
and can cinnect QGC @ 192.168.42.129:14552

B) Mission Planner 1.3.73 == can connect UDPCI

Made some more test with mavproxy this afternoon

Here is the Vehicle definition from Mavproxy on PC A where I cannot connect with MP

Here is the Vehicle definition from Mavproxy on PC B where I can connect with MP

@Michael_Oborne added comment on wiki

my guess for your failure here is around having multiple network adapters on your windows machine

or windows firewall

Then why is mavproxy and QGControl can connect ?

Anyway I use mavproxy to redirect to UDP 14560 so MP can connect

windows firewall?

Windows FW disabled for Private network ( that is the case) and MP autorised for both Public and Private. There are 2 difference between PC , the Remote NDIS driver : 10.0.18362.1 on the problematic PC (10.0.16 on the good one) and Windows French (et Oui) on the problematic PC.

I will try with another PC this week ,but the UNKNOWNED Header on the Mavlink ID message should be investigated == SysID 1[0]:UNKNOWN(27)

Is that sysid 1 compid 0? If it is it’s the ping chip for adsb