Video Sharing and Telemetry Sharing with Herelink

hi,
First flight with the hotspot on and Qgroundcontrol on my phone.
the video quality isn’t very good on youtube , better on the phone.
the main problem isn’t the latency but the video “jerked”.

1 Like

hi,

what is the quality of the video out of the stream ?

Not super bad but it kills a bit of the quality and add a lot of latency.
The best way if you want the video feedback on a larger screen is to use an USB to HDMI converter like the U-Green one, it duplicate the video without latency and without quality loss.
Best,
Julien

2 Likes

hi,
waiting for the delivery …

2 Likes

HI,
today i recieved the ugreen cable and can confirm that it works with low latency . i was even able to get my computer working with the hotspot and the video working with the u green cable on the TV !
it’s 1080 and low latency …

https://youtu.be/uLjBy9WIh_I

1 Like

@Julien This tutorial does not include info on how to setup gstreamer within MP in order to display the video from HereLink?

I can get both video and telemetry in QGC on the same laptop but can only get the telemetry to work in MP. So yes, the AP of HereLink and connection between my laptop should be working normally.

Any suggestion and/or help will be highly appreciated.

Steven

To add to the post above, I get the error:
“INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GStreamer - failed gst_app_sink_try_pull_sample” in the command window when opening the item Video -> Herelink Video in the HUD.
The version gstreamer-1.0-x86_64-1.12.4 is installed on Windows 10

And to add to post above, changing the gstreamer source to – rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.43.1:8554/fpv_stream ! application/x-rtp ! rtpjpegdepay ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink

Did not work either.

The streaming improves greatly on Solex in the next release

In the same boat here, is there any additional info for how to get the video from HereLink to display in MP? Thnx!

Make sure you are all using the latest MP beta build as this also has some changes in it.

Thanks Ian, I’ll give it a shot. Much appreciated take care

Hi Ian, thank you for your information. Just wondering does this mean you have successfully streamed HereLink’s video through MP’s gstreamer? If yes, will you be so kind to share some how-to?

I have been using this with the upcoming firmware and it’s fine. It was also working with the last release but there have been a lot of changes.

If you can hold back a short time I’m sure there will be some good news on this.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Ian. We will be waiting for the next release then.

It’s out now, try the new beta :slight_smile:

It’s out now?? Can you link me to more info? :grin: :grin:

More info here https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/upgrading-firmware

Before you update you will need to get a licence key from your reseller, you will need to send them a picture of the SN on the back of herelink then they will provide it.

I contacted my reseller, GETFPV, and they told me yesterday it would come shortly. Shortly can mean a lot of different things. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Omg thank you so much for this! I have been trying to figure out a decent streaming solution in a very short time frame and this solves all of that.

1 Like