Video Sharing and Telemetry Sharing with Herelink

Hello, I could stream via VLC but now I am trying to do as you did since the video latency is way lower.

I connect my iphone to the herelink Wifi and then go to QGroundcontrol app. Then common links, I chose UDP and Listening Port 14550.

There is one more field: Target Hosts

I dont really know what to put there.

I could not achieve the connection yet.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Hi all!

This thread has been very helpful in getting my own HereLink up and running well… which it is indeed.

The only question I have remaining – rtsp://<ipaddress>:8554/fpv_stream seems to stream the HDMI 1 port. When I eventually plug in a payload (say, a FLIR DUO camera) to the HDMI 2 port, what URL should I use for that? I haven’t been able to find that anywhere online. I know Mission Planner can select video 2, but in my use case I’d also like to be able to stream to VLC directly.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
Can you please send a link on how you got your video on QGC installed on a PC

Hi,

Is the video stream RTSP sharing IP @ rtsp://192.168.43.1:8554/fpv_stream still valid for the new updated QGC Herelink firmware

that looks valid if sharing is enabled, and you are connected to the herelink hotspot

1 Like

Strangely mine works in a very different manner…that too it doesn’t work on the mobile QGC apk app or QGC desktop app !! My video shared from Herelink works on Mission Planner on the desktop PC by doing the following ----- start QGC on desktop and get connected for telemetry . Then open Mission planner on desktop PC and connect using UDP and enter the actual Herelink IP address as indicated in the Wifi section of the Herelink radio GCS .
UPDATES below
Now it works on my PC QGC app with the new version of QGC installed. @ rtsp://192.168.0.11:8554/fpv_stream. I am not using the Herelink hotspot but the Herelink is connected to my regular home router by Wifi . My desktop PC is connected to the same network using a Lan cable.

UPDATE 2
Now Video works on my Android Mobile using rtsp://192.168.0.11:8554/fpv_stream but QGC telemetry does not work and shows "DISCONNECTED " . I am not using the Herelink Hotspot but the Herelink is connected to my regular home router by Wifi . My mobile is connected to the same network by WiFi

Update 3
While connected to Herelink Hotspot, the mobile Android QGC apk gets both telemetry and Video .
i also noticed that the Airlink unit gets heated up to 55 - 56 degree centigrade while using simultaneously shared video on PC, Herelink and Mobile . Need to check this temperature readings individually

if your home ip range is in the 192.168.0.x then you are likely to have issues. herelink uses this range internally, and can conflict.

1 Like

thank you for the information.