Ardupilot on Here3+?

Greetings all,

In the process of upgrading from generic clone hardware based around a clone pixhawk 2.4.8 to higher quality components. I have previously swapped out the telemetey link for the 100mw Holybro and have a Here3+ making its way over to me from 3DXR.

My setup is temporarily a bit horse before cart! I’m yet to compare specs closely but I’m willing to to bet the processing power of the Here 3+ out strips the Pixhawk 2.4.8 clone.

So, my question is how do you get ardupilot on the Here3+? I have seen internet commentators say this could have an autopilot on it, and I have ordered a matek DroneCan node (L431 I think from memory) to run my PWM requirements.

Sort term this is just running a basic Rover test bed based on a 1/10th 4x4 rc car. Later it will be migrated to a boat.

Thanks!

Link to this question on Ardupilot forum:

ok so first place to start is with the code
here

it is possible to run ardupilot on it, we don’t provide instructions at this point however

Thanks, that saves me a hunt! I’ll have a look through that soon.

In its standard setup does the Here 3+ use the IMUs to filter the GNSS reported position? If so does this filtering cause issues on land based rovers that hsve a tenancy to bump around a bit more?

this is what the ekf takes care of. the bumps are ok so long as they are below the max g limit. its things that go above the imu g limit that actually cause issues. so in general, i see no issues

Thanks again.

As far as I can see the main challenge would be th get the receiver and SD Card connected to the CAN node.

Just started working theough the introduction on thw Ardupilot code base, so it’ll be a whule before I test something, but there does appear to be a hardware definition swt up for Here3+, I guess that is related to it runnjng as AP_Perif (excuse spelling if a little off from memory!