Button mapping QGC latest Firmware

We always run Ardupilot, and we can NOT drop QGC whenever we want. There are projects that require QGC for many reasons. Not to mention we will have to rewrite user’s manuals and offer new training programs if we switch to Solex.

Totally agree with you that major firmware updates like this require much early notice with detailed documentation. In fact, for something like HereLink that has been released for more than a year and adopted by many people/companies, full surveys should have been conducted in order to truly understand applications and requirements from all customers.

As has been mentioned many many times…

Please don’t jump into a brand new beta firmware without waiting for us to say it’s stable.

Button assignments to pwm channels are coming, but they will not be in the apps…

These are seperate from the apps to ensure safety.

The primary objective of the first beta was to ensure the base framework upgrade went well.

WE SUPPORT PX4 AND ARDUPILOT WITH HERELINK

However, if you are on PX4, you are stuck on QGC ONLY.

There will be more cool upgrades coming for the system over the next weeks/months/years

But the reality is that most will be for Ardupilot.

PX4 license is a big issue for us, because so many companies that use PX4 do not contribute their code back, and because so many run custom code, the system is simply not predictable.

So unless there is an absolutely rock solid reason for you to use PX4… I advise you to pick Ardupilot.

But we will still support full QGC, but and HereLink special features will not be in QGC, they will be in our settings app, and Solex.

Solo style smart shots are coming!!! But only for Ardupilot

3 Likes

I was thinking there is a group of people who are testing these updates before they are released to the community? This sounds as if it is a very bad idea to use it at all?

I can switch to ardupilot no problem. But… Seems like solex can’t see Q_modes? Like qstabilized… It displays unknown… Please fix these problems. Thank for reply.

2 Likes

@kellyschrock? Plane modes?

1 Like

Solex handles plane modes, but not Q_* modes for VTOLs yet. It’s planned, along with a reliable means of detecting whether a plane is a VTOL vehicle. It’s just not in place quite yet.

1 Like

Well we are using Herelink and PX4 and we had no problem until now. PX4 has also a big community out there writing the standards. I believe this is what should be supported in the Herelink. At least what you were offering in the previous version of the Firmware. QGC and sbus mapping of buttons.
PX4 license could be an issue. If the Solex code were available, this could be adapted to PX4.

Hi,
besides the missing long press in QGC we are also missing, not finding the possibility of using e.g. the scroll wheel on SB2. Before updating we had gimbal control (gremsy) with the wheel, assigned in QGC at RC2 and CH10. Now we can no longer control the gimbal witj the wheel!! Any hint?

Ok,

Looks like we are stuck with the px4. Please show some love for px4 too. Waiting for the next update to fix my problems about channel mapping and qgc gui setup with px4.

Thanks for replys.

As mentioned, it’s a beta, improvement is on the way

2 Likes

Can we roll back to the last firmware, which worked? We are stuck and can’t use the copter due to those problems. If so, how do we do it or is something to be considered??

Can we downgrade to the former firmware after having updated to the new one?

Hi Guys,

I didnt realise Solex was only ardupilot and for contract reasons we must stick with PX4 for the moment. Our machine now has lost the use of the scrollwheel which is vital for us to control the camera. Is it possible to put back the second firmware version (the one before solex) using adb tools like we did the first time?

Ok can you confirm what the issue is with using the wheel as it’s mapped to Cn5.

There will be some updates on the new settings app soon with a LOT more options for you on this soon.

There is no option to downgrade due to the way the update is applied.

Also there will be some good news with Solex and PX4 as well I believe.

As far as we are concerned, the wheel is used for gimbal tilt. ch5, mode switch on the wheel is no option.
How soon is soon? We have now a system which can not be used in operations.

Sorry I don’t have any answers on that, I know the Sid is working hard to get this all out as soon as possible but it has to be correct and safe.

hello go to the “home screen”, then you can press a button at the bottom right that shows you all the other apps, there you will find an app called “Here Settings” when you open it you can assign buttons to channels, set ppm etc. As it was possible before the firmware update in QGC.
@profi CNC: are there any bugs, why does nobody write about it?

@philip @MadRC Dear both philip and MadRC, as you guys might already know that I am going to spend a lot on making big drone, I dont want to risk beta versions and have crashed and huge loss. I just want to know which version of firmware is the latest and stable (not beta)? I haven’t bought my HereLink yet. So I don’t know whether there is anything mentioned in front of the firmware name/version as “Beta”.

There is no such thing like a non beta version. And I guess it will need another year to appear.

And you will crash your copter. “Explore the world, one crash at a time”.

if all are beta versions, then it will be very unreliable to use HereLink system to fly expensive drones…

CubePilot should announce the stable versions of the firmware, so the users like me who want to play safe should use those firmware.