Button mapping QGC latest Firmware

I have more than 10 units running which have made several 100 flights and do more than 10 each every day. I did not have a crash or any problem because of the remote control. Each of them carries a 5,000 € thermal camera.

There are so many sources of error why you can crash. Herelink is not the major source I guess. If you want to play save stay with a slow RC car :laughing:.

I can understand youre fear. But there is now such thing as 100% safety and the part of the system most prone to errors is the user.

Dude I never said about anything being 100% perfect, so much so that there is no guarantee of Human life itself. So don’t try to talk yourself away from the problem here :sweat_smile:. One has to try in his/her capacity to minimize the chance of potential failure. One of the possible sources can be the unstable beta version firmware. My concerns are quite genuine. I hope that your drones dont crash in the future too, and I am happy to learn that HereLink system are reliable enough that crashes don’t happen because of it.

:upside_down_face:

Yes, its a problem. What I wanted to say: I have the impression that the software is quite stable and that its more likely that you will crash youre drone because of an user error.

I can recommend a Taranis X9D plus, very nice device.

Dude I never said about anything being 100% perfect, so much so that there is no guarantee of Human life itself. So don’t try to talk yourself away from the problem here :sweat_smile:. One has to try in his/her capacity to minimize the chance of potential failure. One of the possible sources can be the unstable beta version firmware. My concerns are quite genuine. I hope that your drones dont crash in the future too, and I am happy to learn that HereLink system are reliable enough that crashes don’t happen because of it.

For your information, firmware is also written by humans, not by supernatural entity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would like to enlighten you with the news that RC cars do not fly as of yet, and I have been talking about drones dude, “drone = flying thingi” :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that, but I think Arducopter is created by god herself, its so good, it can’t be man made.

Really… :star_struck: :sweat_smile:

since u are here, plz tell me the link which displays the list of firmware releases for herelink so far… and which you prefer the most?

You can only choose the one the unit is shipped with or the latest. I’m running the latest and its ok, I hope the come up with some improvements on QGC. But if I’m honest its running and some of my units still use the previous and they do the job too.

If you need many buttons I would go for a Taranis. Far better in many aspects. I do not use many buttons and I’m quite happy. I even think about converting the copter still running a Taranis towards a Herelink system. I would go for the latest firmware.

@hextd then what about the issues that are being reported on this forum about new beta releases? I have not read all of the problems but I think as philip mentioned that ppl should not install beta firmware unless it passes all the tests and become the stable version.

If everything is all good then why ppl are complaining, I am not accusing u or taunting u here, I am just asking which problems ppl are facing because of these firmware updates?

can we have conversation on whatsapp if u r comfortable?

sorry, I was outside. I think most of the people are complaining because the new firmware version has less features than the old one. This concerns button mapping (long/short press) and sbus channels. I did not read many other issues and I did not have any other problems.

As soon as I have adapted to the reduced features I did not think about the issue any more. But I just need to get jobs done and as long as the solution works I’m happy. Of course I hope they improve QGC so it will get all the power of the Herelink system. I had a quick look at Solex but I do not see any features relevant for mapping. But a lot of features I would like to have in QGC. I already have people which I teached to use QGC, so I’m not so much interested in having mapping features in Solex.

For people doing filming instead of mapping there might be a bigger issues with the restrictions.

Ok some things need to be put clear as it’s beginning to cause confusion.

Nothing was taken away on purpose for no good reason. There were technical reasons and benefits to moving things away from QGC as it was necessary to improve the RC functionally.

Everything like mapping of buttons is now back in Sbus mapping in Herelink settings and more actually.

Today you have

Sbus Button mapping of all 16 channels on both Sbus outputs on the air unit for Craft and Gimbal control.

Profiles for multiple configurations of buttons.

Recording on Airside with OTG

Solex Mavlink commands for Aux, Servo and other outputs.

Local recording on device side

Yes QGC is missing long and short press for Mavlink buttons but that should be added soon, other than that everything is back and more just in different places.

I would not expect QGC to get the same level of new features as Solex has as that where Kelly has been supporting with bringing all of the development. Solex does pretty much everything QGC does and has all of the new options like Mavlink controls for Aux output as well as the ability to control the wheel output channel from buttons for pitch and Yaw for instance or Pitch and zoom.

Honestly I’d strongly look at moving over to Solex as that’s where the future is and it’s more capable today than QGC ever was.

QGC will continue to be developed and I know Sid is moving on to that now most of the heave back end changes are done.

@MadRC so u suggest me to start with Solex instead of QGC. Bc i have zero experience in both :sob:
So what u advise? I dont have to use much buttons, I just have to switch between loiter,stabilise and RTL. And need to pan,yaw and pitch the 3-axis gimbal. That’s all my requirements.
So if solex is better and will get be the main steem siftware for here link then i should start learning Silex instead of QGC? I hope u made a detailed video on using solex?

Is there anything useful for mapping task in Solex yet? QGC did seem far more capable and doing surveys with Solex seems very complicated. I also like the possibility to connect Mission Planner on PC or QGC on a Tablet to the Herelink. Does Solex support that? Will there be the option to have Solex on an Tablett/PC?

I don’t need more power, I just need a clean interface to do mapping. Fine tuned improvements on QGC would be great, its already far better from a usability point of view than the PC version (where I use Mission Planner which is the greatest of them all).

And just for your information

Unless a major bug that affects safety is found on the latest beta, we are about 7 days away from going to “Release”

1 Like

u mean in about 7 days we will have a stable version of Solex or QGC?

I know u r busy, but plz reply. thanks u

100% agree with @hextd on everything here (except i dont know how much complex Solex is for mapping missions).

Thank you for ur time and prompt replies, really appreciate ur support.

Unbelievable. Great to hear that. Will the release update require an air unit update?

Basically, the current beta will be the official release. So if you have the beta, you have the release.

1 Like