CAN is One Step closer!

SL Can is in!!!

Thank you Siddharth! Thank you Tridge!

Now we can get people to start testing the CAN HERE V2 :slight_smile:

Update via mission planner coming very very soon thanks to @Michael Oborne :slight_smile:

@Jonathan will be putting the firmware for the CAN GPS on Firmware.Cubepilot.org very soon… (the first firmware to go on it! )

This will be home to all the acessories, herelink firmwares etc…

8 Likes

Excellent :blush:

1 Like

Wow ,Yes and more wow’s and yeses thank you every one involved,will start testing as soon as available

1 Like

Awesome!!!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to test my new Pixhawk 2.1 with the Here 2 GPS hopefully there will be some more information online also! I am not sure what cable to use with the CAN function. But I am sure that everything will be clear and work out great as the puzzle pieces are slowly coming together.

Keep up the good work!!

2 Likes

Hi Philip,hope all is good any eta on the can update please cant wait to start beta testing it and thanks for all the hard work.

1 Like

It’s in the hands of the CubePilot flight test team. Michael is working on the method of getting it to your gps via mission planner

1 Like

Thank you Philip,ive ordered a Tanker full of midnight oil to help the team,lol

1 Like

Hi all is the Here2 GPS on the can bus supported in Plane 3.9.8 ?

@yak-54 please read this thread

Here 2 can update

i have and update the Here2 gps
it does not say anything about 3.9.8 plane
as i cant get the GPS side to work on can-bus the led’s work baro works the compass just not the gps on Can 1 nd Can 2

Yes it does. it says plane 3.9.6 so there has been 2 plane releases since that time. The didn’t remove anything in 3.9.7 or 8 just added stuff

i found my answer on GitHub
i have question
i am running 2 x Here2 gps units should i put one on the serial and the other on the Can-bus 1 ?
or just run them on Can 1 and Can 2 ?

I am running 2x Here2 units myself - I just have both of them on CAN1, with different Node IDs configured manually.

They are working well, and verified to be detected separately.

1 Like

have little issue I am using plane 3.9.8 with 2 here2 gps on Can1 and Can2 if i try to arm it i get

PreArm: GPS Hoop 655.3 ( Needs 2.5 )

i went back to serial just to see if it works fine i can arm the plane

well after a week i think i found a bug before i had 2 x Here2 gps on he serial ports so i had them setup as Blend not use best one.
so i set it to use best gps bingo starts to work on can bus now the plane arms

@jschall @sidbh this doesn’t look right

i can repeat it all i do is set to blend and will not arm all i get is PreArm: GPS Hoop 655.3 ( Needs 2.5 )