Change HereLink IP Address

Hi All,

Is there any chance of changing the IP address for herelink device ? We will need to use the device in an alternate network with a different class. Please advise.

Thanks

You can set the WiFi to what you want however the internal link IP is fixed.

Thanks for your reply. How will this work in the below use case ?\

HereLink device has an ip of (192.168.43.1)

Wifi router’s is set to run in range extender mode and bridged with Herelink device and it’s static IP is set to start from say 192.168.2.10

I connect my laptop running mission planner to the wifi router (either wired or wifi). Now the laptop gets a IP address in range 192.168.2.x , if i try to connect to the drone using UDPCI option this will not work.

Please give me your valuable inputs.

no you cant change the ip range of the android hotspot.

you can connect the herelink to an existing hotspot though, and share it that way that is in your existing range

Thanks Michael. I tried the below but it doesn’t seem to work. Let me know if i need to do anything additional.

Made Herelink connect to wifi router’s 5 Ghz option , now herelink’s IP address was 192.168.0.101

Connected Laptop running mission planner using ethernet , now laptop ip address was 192.168.0.102
Did a ping test from laptop to herelink ip and it worked fine.

Opened mission planner selected udpci option for connect and gave the herelink ip address and gave 14552 as port. The connection was not successfull.

Tried connecting MP using wireless option using UDP and that was not success full either.

Please advise.

The 192.168.0.x range is excluded for any external network. As it conflicts with an internal one

You should add this information also in the herelink documentation in the section “Connection to mission planner”: Connecting to Mission Planner - CubePilot

Currently, you can only find it “by accident” in the FAQ section.

Can you advice if there is a wifi hotspot available with the Air unit of the Herelink Telemetry .

May I know why would you need wifi hotspot on air unit?
This function is not available on air unit.

I would like a companion computer like Raspberrypi to talk to GCS in order to do such functions like image recognition thro’ RasPi.
This would be a game changer for the drone industry.

I think connecting the companion computer to autopilot is a more secured way. As they are connected to the same mavlink network, the pi can talk to GCS.
It is not necessary for the companion computer to directly talking to air unit, in order to talk to GCS.

If that is right, is there any code available . We need to relay images info from RasPi to Gcs display
Also we need to talk to raspi thro GCS

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/companion-computers.html
You may check this.
You may use Herelink as the screen of companion computer.
To talk to raspberry pi through GCS, you may use mavlink protocol.