Compass WARN in Loganalyzer

Hi all,

After last flight with my Copter (Cube Orange and Here 3), i looked in the Log Analyzer and there is a Compass WARN because of high Offsets in two Axis.
The Copter is a Little bit nervous after some flighttime in hovering with Loiter Mode.
Can anyone give me some support what is the Problem?

Thanks

Can you post the log?
It’s hard to tell without the complete log

Hi Alvin,

here ia a Link to Google Drive with the Log.

Thanks

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/197BYNnBtWi2ZaKqnsp37kobudewAp8h8/view?usp=sharing]

I have had a look at your log.

All of the mag (except MagZ on Mag1) has a periodic interference.

I can’t see the RCOUT values from the log

But I noticed that the roll and pitch are inversely proportional to the mag interference pattern. And yaw is directly proportional.

You may want to go through the CompassMot calibration to eliminate the interference from motors.

Hi Alvin,

thanks for your Support. I will make the Calibration when the Weather will be better and give a Feedback later.

Regards

Hi Alvin,

i have done the CompassMot Calibration. Here is the Link to the Flight Log. The High Offsets are still in LogAnalyzer. The Interference is now at 13%, i think ist okay now. Why are the Offsets so high?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OqWycJhPjJfHniUTPPJPUHIZIOvcB05Z/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your Feedback.

Can you show a picture of your setup?
Are you placing the external compass far enough from the high power electronics?

Hi Alvin,

here is a picture of my Setup.

Thanks

Can you try to disable the internal compass in orange cube, by setting the compass mask parameter, and see if anything improved?

I think you may be experiencing the same/similar problem with heater-mag problem. You may have a look at these discussion at the same time:

Hi Alvin,

i will try it. But in my first config, the internal Compass was disabled and i had the same Compass “WARN” or “FAIL” with High Offsets in the Log.

I will Comeback with results.
Thanks

Can you share a screenshot about it?