Cube Orange constantly beeps programming tone after PX4 stable firmware flashed

The solution that I got for this was to use the PX4 1.11 stable release. I compiled the cubepilot_cubeorange_default and flashed the board directly with the terminal (not using QGC). The cube stops the beeps, and the QGC connects with it to start the calibration process. Maybe this version will work for you too @jacain

@colorobot i tried your solution and it did not work.

@mathsan did you build the release/1.11 branch and upload that one?

Yes

I just tried it with release/1.11 branch and that one did work for cube orange! thanks @mathsan! However there have been a number of fixes and updates since that release so i’m hoping we could find the issue with current release preventing it from working on cube orange. But this is a good starting point. thanks all!

I have the same issue, however I’m new to this and I don’t know how to compile PX4 yet, is there a chance that any of you can send me the 1.11 stable *.px4 firmware file for the cube orange?
Thanks!

@jacain I found that the v1.12.1 also works smoothly on the cube. I used git checkout v1.12.1 to be on the branch of the most stable release of PX4. Maybe this one have the features that you want!

@Serch_c You can find the stable *.px4 files on this link.

Thank you very much!

this is perfect! confirmed v1.12.1 branch is working on my end! thank you!

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread. It seems that a cube orange out of the box requires you to push release/1.11 firmware first before pushing any other firmware.

After this, any releases or branches > release/1.11 will work (which is why v1.12.1 branch worked @mathsan). I just tested the master branch from command line as well as flashing using QGroundControl with latest stable and both worked.

Thanks@mathsan, it works, but why…

I have the exact same issue. Brand new cube orange on ADS-B carrier board. Using above, I was able to flash the latest PX4 1.12.3 via QGC using the usb port on the cube itself and not the carrier board. It shows successful and plays the right tones. My issue is after the flash. No matter what I do with Windows 10, device manager still shows Cube Orange Mavlink (COM3) as “A device which does not exist was specified.” As such, QGC cannot recognize the cube so I can’t set parameters. I have uninstalled drivers, used MP to clean drivers, reinstalled and I am out of ideas. Thank you for any suggestions you can throw my way.

EDIT: I would also like to add, if I flash ArduCopter then everything works as expected, no driver issues at all.

Hi,
Can you please explain how you compiled the cubepilot_cubeorange_default from github and flashed the firmware .

thank you

this seems to be the same behavior. you’ll have to flash older version 1.11 and then flash to 1.12.3 as you’re trying to do. i’m not sure why that is but that’s worked for me.

@sibujacob, i built and flashed per the instructions here: Building PX4 Software | PX4 User Guide

the command i used to build is make cubepilot_cubeorange
to flash i used, make cubepilot_cubeorange upload

1 Like

Where did you insert the command . Did you try through a Windows 10 terminal or through ubuntu 18.x OS. After you build the firmware , how did you upload the firmware. Will QGC recognize firmware from local pc drives ?

i’m on a mac and per the instructions, went into a command terminal to paste those commands. to load the firmware, you can do it through command line with the command i pasted and also in the docs. or you can do it through qgc and select custom firmware and select the build under the build folder.

1 Like

Hi,

Not able to upload new px4 firmware !

I am getting the attached screenshot as the cube orange driver installed.
I am not able to see the CUBE Orange Mavlink ( comx) or CUBE orange bootloader ( com x ) in the device manager( Win 10) . However QGC connects and shows the manual mode.
Can you suggest here something !

unfortunately i’m on a mac so can’t give as much guidance for windows but if you’re connected on qgc and seeing that you’re in manual mode, you should be able to flash. how are you attempting to flash to the cube?

through qgc, when you’re in the firmware tab, you need to unplug and replug and then should give you option to select software type (ardupilot or px4 autopilot) and then within that, select advance and custom firmware and select a file if you’ve built the firmware locally.

1 Like

I did exactly what you told me here. What I understood is that it works well on my laptop and not thro’ the PC. The device manager driver and indications are all the same. Very funny indeed. I was able to flash anyway using my laptop ( win10) to px4 v1.12.3 from my existng V 1.11.2

thanks anyway

Do you know why in stabilized flight mode , the ailerons and V-Tail moves in the opposite directions while in the manual flight mode , the control surfaces move in the right direction !! :slightly_smiling_face: