Dual HerePro (GPS for yaw) with no yaw and satellite

I currently have two HerePro GPS units installed on CubeOrange+, connected via DroneCAN. CAN1 is connected to the left HerePro and CAN2 is connected to the right. Previously, I set up DroneCAN GPS according to GPS for Yaw (aka Moving Baseline) — Copter documentation. Currently, when the two GPS units are used as Dual GPS (GPS_TYPE = 22, GPS_TYPE2 = 23), I encounter several issues:

1. Unable to obtain satellite information with dual GPS (satellite count = 0). Both HerePro units work normally as standalone GPS units.
  2. Unable to obtain Yaw information with dual GPS.
    The ArduCopter configuration related to this issue below.

Firmware Version:ArduCopter 4.3.4

Thanks

This problem persists today and appears to be common to Here3+ and HerePro modules. Testing seems to indicate that the issue is in the Here module firmware and likely not an ArduPilot (vehicle firmware) issue.

For the exorbitant cost of the HerePro, I’d expect better compatibility.

Relevant discussion on the ArduPilot forums here:
HerePro moving baseline configuration issues - ArduRover - ArduPilot Discourse
Here3+ issues after (failed) GPS Yaw attempt - Hardware / CAN Devices - ArduPilot Discourse

1 Like

@Yuri_Rage
Current Here3+ firmware does not support Moving Baseline.

HerePro module in the discussion you linked is old alpha module, current production version is very different. I will look into what version of software the HerePro module is running. I believe its running stale firmware without support for moving baseline. I will look into a newer version solution for the old alpha HerePro.

@JeffTSAI you will need to connect both HerePros on the same CAN Bus, also please post a picture of the HerePros you are using.

Indeed, I was incorrect about the Here3+ and its feature set. My mistake.

Thank you very much for looking into the HerePro. I have no firsthand experience with HerePro modules yet, but I do have extensive experience configuring serial Zed-F9P boards for a moving baseline configuration, and I’m very interested to see that feature set extended to DroneCAN modules.

Hello @sidbh
thanks for your support. I believe our units are old alpha version modules. Please let me know if i can provide you with any information to help enable moving baseline for our system.
Thanks again @Yuri_Rage

@zoran I am working on creating a latest version of software compatible with alpha hardware, I will share it with you soon.

Also best to move the conversation to the new thread instead of here.HerePro Alpha module Moving Baseline issue

Thanks @sidbh, will do.