Firefly 4K Split Camera with Herelink

Yes, exactly !

1 Like

Hello, I have done that and now it works :slight_smile: however, if I plug the HDMI I cannot see anything in my FPV googles (I am using an FPV TX as well).

So when I am using the FPV TX i can see everything in my FPV googles, but as soon as I plug the hdmi, I see trhough herelink but not the googles anymore.

Is there any way to fix that and see trough both devices at the same time??

1 Like

Been playing with one of these recently, they arent exactly the most solid HD camera solution in the world.

Latest firmware (2020-3-5) works but then drops HDMI output after a few minutes.

Firmware version from 2019-9-28 appears to be working solidly.

The camera does not appear to be able to output analog video and HDMI at the same time, it looks like a firmware thing, its one or the other.

1 Like

Hello,

As Philip explained in a post, it is possible to stream the video stream from the Herelink to a screen via a Ugreen adapter.

Maybe by connecting an HDMI to RCA converter to FPV googles, it could work.

1 Like

Hello,

To your knowledge, does updating the Herelink firmware improve the operation with the Firefly camera ?

I did not had time to make tests yet but i think that would be similar. @MadRC reported that the video stream seems to be a bit improved since the new major update, especially with Solex.
The Herelink will be improved more frequently thanks to the new updating systems, so i’m sure that interactions with cameras and gimbals will become really interesting after some updates

OK, thanks !

I am trying to find a substitute for this camera. Neither Foxeer nor Runcam are making any split camera with micro HDMI output. I had the same problem, after 5 minutes, black screen, also I would like to remove the Hawkeye watermark, there is an option to disable it, but I think that only disables it from the video on the SD card and not the FPV.

Does anyone know about a camera with similar characteristics but better quality?

1 Like

I disabled the watermark and I do not remember that it appears on the FPV screen.

1 Like

i’m not sure what type of vehicles these cameras are being used on but I use a Hero 3+ black as my main FPV camera with other cameras as camera two. Stay away from the Ekan’s.

Has anyone managed to get around the problem of having to reconnect the HDMI to get the Herelink to recognise video with these things? Often both boot fine, then locked up image a few seconds later, replugging in HDMI and all works well again.

1 Like

Yes, i have the same problem sometimes with this setup. I don’t know if it comes from the camera or the Herelink, but a quick unplug > plug-in seems necessary to recover the video stream.

2 Likes

Would be good to discover it. Tomorrow I will try with my gopro 4 and see if the same problem pesists.

2 Likes

I have same problem with my Hawkeye

QGC has proven very stable regarding video in all my use. Solex appears to have a problem that is being dealt with from what I read. I use a hero 3+ black as camera one and a sony 5100 as camera 2 that I turn on when needed and off when not. I do this remotely during a mission and the sony feed always comes back on.

1 Like

Im still on the QGC with the issue, havent updated to Solex yet.

Going to investigate putting the firefly on a switch to boot it up after Herelink, as having to pull apart aircraft to get it to work everytime you want to fly it isnt really ideal.

1 Like

Hi,

The same issue continues with the firefly 4K Split camera. Which I use for fpv. The problem is I have a second (main) camera with a gimbal. When I change the video stream to this second camera It switches no problem. But switching back to hawkeye is impossible. As you mentioned before, you need to unplug and plug back the hdmi cable. Obviously we can’t do that while flying so can you developing guys investigate this issue?

Hi Ozan,

I don’t know if you did it yet but updating your herelink with the last firmware significantly improve the video stream.
Anyway you can get the video stream back by deactivating the stream and reactivating it (even in flight). You can do this in the video stream menu of the little white window on the right side of the screen.
Sometimes i need to deactivate/reactivate 2 or 3 times to get it back, but it works (it was on 0_2_2)

Best

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for fast reply. Yes I updated. I will try your suggestion. I guess there is a sync issue. And there comes my second question than. My herelink is connected to a laptop via wifi hotspot. I’m having the stream on the laptop but I’m having the stream only which is activated. Can I use fpv stream on herelink and use the second stream on laptop? Does herelink streams both hdmi inputs simultaneously?

Edit: I tried to enable/disable trick, didn’t worked for me? Maybe because I didn’t update my camera?

1 Like

Possibly, it seems certains firefly firmwares works better than others.

Yep, you can’t share both video streams at the same time.

1 Like