Firefly 4K Split Camera with Herelink

Can i split the video stream so as to be able to stream each hdmi input on separate devices. For example FPV on one device Cam/Gimbal on the other device. I have found the Firefly 4k split cam November firmware works best.

1 Like

Hello all, I have the latest firmware on the Camera and Herelink. Also I tried all possible resolutions but not able to get the video stream on Herelink. Could someone point out which firmware works best and at what camera resolution.

Thanks

This camera is not the ultimate Herelink companion but only of the best choice for the moment.
I took one that seems to work almost fine with the herelink and here are my parameters :

• Frenquency : 50hz
  • HDMI out : 1080P P30
  • Vers : 20190926 (firmware of the camera) download Here

How to update:

1.Delete all the files and folders in the tf card(suggest:8G/16G).
2.Download the firmware to sd card .
3.Put the sd card into camere(make sure battery > 50%).
4.Power on the camera and it will update firmware automatically.
5.When updating, the LED will flash it takes about one minutes, Don’t power off when updating, or it will…die.
6.When update finish, the camera will turn on again.

1 Like

today i gave up the split cam : not so easy to install
on solex the recorded video is 2X too fast ???
i put the cam on a servo and rapidly lost the flat cable ( 15 cm)
you need to tune the video every time

back to gopro !

1 Like

Yep, it is not suitable as recorder, but only as FPV camera

2 Likes

thanks for the information but i don’t understand .
i’m using the splitcam as fpv cam BUT herelink is not able to registrer the video at the right speed.

1 Like

When you record video directly into the camera SD slot ?

No ! On herelink …
GoPro 3 normal
Firefly fast !

Ah…
Any tip @kellyschrock ?

recording with a gopro 3 …:https://youtu.be/Xer-yQUDtUc
i have to say that under qgroundcontrol everything is normal with the splitcam .

Hello,

I gave up using the HDMI output of this camera and I am using a much better RCA to HDMI converter.
This system makes it possible to use a greater choice of FPV camera available on the market.

2 Likes

Do you have A link to the convertor please

I use this converter

1 Like

Latest firmware update 20200616 added a relevant feature:
1.Add HDMI Force output mode for HD Transimtter.

After turning that on video stream picks up nicely and reliably in QGC. Solex still seems to have some issues picking up the tream again after a disconnect, but it seems to be a Solex issue.

1 Like

I updated this camera but still nothing on the herelink, Do I need to go into the camera setting on another screen? The least the LED light will let me set the res to is 1080p 60fps thats whats in the user manual. Im downloading the file and transferring it will Zipped on the SD card maybe that’s my problem?

Yes, there is a seperate keypad to access all the settings on-schreen. When its not yet working with your herelink you need to connect it to a normal screen to change the settings.

Got it thanks!

Hello Snakeeater,

Could you provide firmware 20200616 ?

I didn’t find it on the official website www.CNfpv.com , I downloaded the latest version 20201015, but if I select HDMI Force output, the camera crashes.

This should be it. Let me know if it works better than the latest. I didn’t update to latest yet.