HDMI FPV Camera Recommendation

I plan to use a ReplayXD Prime X camera that I bought a few years ago as my FPV directional camera. The company behind them are gone now but the camera still works great.

Some Pros

• 1080p60 hdmi out
  • Shape is more aero than most
  • Settings can be adjusted on the camera or via wifi using android app
  • micro SD for internal recording
  • Internal battery and external power connection

Some Cons

• inclusion of battery adds weight (100g overall)
  • can overheat if left in direct sunlight for too long
  • was pretty expensive at the time
  • limited availability now

Do you mind if I ask what that circuit used to convert Video to HDMI came from? Is it the insides of one of those “mini” converters?

BTW, I am using a Flir Duo.

They suffer from bad jello effects.

Have a bunch of Aldi gopro look a like cameras (Bauhn) fixed HDMI output 720 50 fps can’t change it. Is there any way I can change the frame rate on QC video input as it does not have a 50fps option under 720p only 30fps or is it the hardware as per the specs.

Have you just tried it?

Hi Philip,
I have had a play with gopro hero 4. In QC on any 1080P output 25FPS to 60 FPS works fine even when I switch video res in QC to 720P. No video feed on 720p 25/50 FPS and 30/50 FPS Pal/NTSC. Definitely getting video output and at correct FPS checked with a TV. Suspect the 1080P/720P switch in QC Video tab is not switching as 1080P works when the switch is on 720P. Herelink/QC can definitely handle different frame rates. Thanks for your prompt support.

Regards

Mark Rosser

Also noticed in the standard android QC App there is no video resolution switch in the video stream tab

Hi Gregory,
Are you using the Raspberry Pi Zero? Where you able to correctly send the video feed through the hdmi of the Raspberry Pi Zero to the herelink? And was the herelink transmitting correctly this video feed?
Thanks!

Hello all,

We all know GoPro cameras work fine with the Herelink, but the camera is 116g (GoPro Hero Black 7) and the stand adds another 60g. Not light weight solution apart from costing $500 AUD.

Up to now cameras confirmed to work with Herelink are:
HawKeye Firefly 8S (70g)
Eken H9R (64g)

Can you all please compile a list here so it will be a place of reference for all of us.

Has any one tried Hawkeye Firefly Q6 (41g) and slim design???

Thank You All.

Does any electronic engineer here who know a good AV tot HDMI converter chip, with just some periferical passive components ? the idea is to make a simple and mini converter :wink:

I had a short try with the Sony AS200V, basically works.

The Foxeer Box2 seems to work OK.

1 Like

Hello all,

Runcam 4 Airsoft is working well with HDMI output. I have two cameras connected to hdmi 1 and 2. First has stock hdmi cable, second has 3 meter long Lindy cable. You can choose lens from 2.8 mm lens (wide) to 35 mm lens (tele). It’s not perfect - sometimes you need to flash new firmware because camera hangs up. The biggest issue with this cameras is that I can’t record and live view from HDMI port at the same time. Is it possible with another cameras like GoPro?

I have answer from Runcam Customer Service:
"Sorry, it cannot do recording and HDMI output at the same time. It will knock out.
This camera is discontinued. We are not gonna to spend more time to upgrade its software. "

I tried with Hawkeye Q6 but it did not work.

I got good results with GoPro Hero 4 and Fujifilm XT20

Hi @danielhellin and Hello All

I just purchased my Hawkeye Firefly Q6 and when I connected the camera to the Herelink the picture came up straight away without any adjustments. See attached pictures.

I also purchased a Eken H9R (64g) but did not work, may be because I got fooled by cheap eBay price ($35 AUD) and bought a fake Eken H9R (64g).

I can only suggest you buy from a reputable seller, which is not easy to do on the web now.

Anyone have luck with any of the Gitup cams? I would love it if my Git2P worked.

https://www.gitup.com/12-cameras

I bought an Ekan and the HDMI out worked for a brief period of time. Currently using an old Hero 3B+. What I liked about the Ekan briefly was it turned it self on. The camera is in a water proof enclosure so not having to turn it on was a plus. I’ll look in to this firefly but if it needs to be turned on manually it will not help me. So does the firefly need to be turned on manually??

My Q6 does not work. I reinstalled 2.5 fw, trying with 1080 30fps, video system, … no way. It seems that the camera has an erratic behavior when I connect the HDMI cable, my Q6 has been in many crashes, maybe is not full working.

Yes, Q6 is auto-ON when USB is connected, but not auto-REC.