HDMI FPV Camera Recommendation

Dang! For $100 you get a 16Mb Panasonic sensor, remote shutter control, powers on with the aircraft and a form factor compatible with most GoPro gimbals. The Git3 even supports geo-tagging images. Our Connex Mini works with anything we throw at it… I wish the HereLink was a bit more flexible on the input side. It’s a very short list of cameras that seem to work.

Working!! Just taken out of the box and connected.

Did someone tried the Hawkeye Firefly Split 4K ?
It has a 4K recording on local sd-card and and a micro-hdmi out.

Seems very nice to make a simple FPV feedback

@dobje That looks like a good deal, especially with the remote shutter triggering! Claims 1080P 30 out, so I would love to test this with the HereLink

i ordered one Firefly Split 4K, i will test it and add in the list if it works

Best,
Julien

2 Likes

Great. Please test latency, ability to record and stream simultaneously if it possible!

Ok, i come back to you guys asap i tested it

1 Like

I had tested Firefly Split 4K.
On monitors and FPV screens, this works via HDMI.
But over HereLink no picture no stream.

In addition, the camera had meanwhile destroyed itself. The camera is very sensitive.

Mmmm that would have been a nice one.

Quick question guys. I’m looking into the same to use with my raspberry pi for 4G/LTE flight . Currently using a picam for FPV and either a mobius or Gopro Session 5 for DVR. Can anyone confirm if the Hawkeye Firefly Q6 or the Eken that @Darko posted allows recording while HDMI out? Really would prefer something in the Q6 form factor as it is a bit more aerodynamic and less of a flying brick :slight_smile: . The Firefly Split looks tempting for my needs but has such hit and miss reviews. It would be perfect for long range flight.

Thanks

got this one, works straight out from the box.

https://discuss.cubepilot.org/t/herelink-compatible-camera-list/1922/30?u=fedcba69_19

Hey. Has anyone tested the SJCAM SJ400 Plus 2K action camera with HereLink?

I tested the Split 4K and it works very well for me :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve tested both the the SJ4000 and the SJ6, and sadly, they do not work. Although I can get live HDMI out from both to a standard TV (not with analog video or any special wiring harness), the air unit apparently does not work with the HDMI from these SJCAM products.

Oh I see. That’s too bad.
Are they not using the licensed HDMI protocol? Haven’t there been other cameras that supposedly have an HDMI out but do not work with HereLink because the protocol does not match?

I’m no expert on the HDMI protocol, but it seems, yes, there are several cameras with HDMI ports which apparently aren’t up to the official HDMI spec. It does not seem like the air unit can interpret these signals, but for some reason, some TV’s can. It’d be nice if ProfiCNC could adapt the air unit to interpret these HDMI signals from various manufacturers, but I’d imagine it might have something to do with the hardware as well.

Until then, the only fix I’ve found if you are 100% sold on using one of these cameras is to wire up an analog-to-HDMI converter. Although these do work, they can introduce slight lag and are limited to the resolutions of NTSC/PAL standards. As a result, the video you transmit looks like it was shot by a potato.

Well, the Analog to HDMI converter is not a good idea for me. Defeats the purpose of having a 1080p capable downlink. Do you have any suggestions regarding a low cost action cam with an HDMI out? Out of the list for compatible cameras, only the Hawkeye Firefly Split is relatively cheap but it’s not very reliable from what i read.

Get an older Gopro camera used. I’ve been using a Hero 3 for the herelink FPV and other cameras for the real pictures.

1 Like