HDMI FPV Camera Recommendation

Try it. I have not had any problems with Gopro’s

No, you can only record maximum at 1440 (4 : 3)

So is it possible to record at 1440 and at the same time have live fpv feed from the GoPro 8?

Hi. Can you test streaming and record at the same time Q6 camera, does it work? Thanks

+1

With gopro 7 I recorded 4k and stream out to my tx and all while powering the gopro from 5v bec, I don’t think that has changed in 8

Thanks for the information!
Which cable do you use?

Just today, I have read all the posts right from the start till end. People have suggested many cameras that can work with HereLink. I personally like a camera that is compact/light weight and cubical in shape. Can any one suggest me any camera that fits my description and works with HereLink perfectly? By perfectly I mean the following (especially point 5 & 6 in the list below) :

1-Light weight (Cubical shape preferred, plz see the attached picture as example)
2-Compact
3-It starts automatically with charging
4-Can record and stream at the same time
5-True HDMI output
6-Works with HereLink in 1080P@60fps & 720P@60fps with no latency

I doubt how you built a quad fly for 90 minutes. Smart, self-reliant, and creative people won’t ask things like you ask

@Banme_RC Dear Banme_RC, the main idea of this forum is to get information and learn from the experiences of others so as a result one can avoid/minimise wasting money. I dont want to waste good amount of money on buying bunch of cameras & gimbals and then find which one works and others go to waste… I like to research my projects well before I actually start working on them, I ask people about their experience before I actually go and buy stuff. I never said I actually made 90min quad, I said I am aiming for 90min flight time, Yes I have achieved 60min flight time on Hexa Copter, now moving to 90 min. I achieved those 60min by doing research and studies and getting help from forums like these. and I dont feel ashamed by asking people about their experiences and advices, it is not against creativity, rather it supports wisdom.
Secondly, flight time majorly depends on studying motor characteristic curves, optimizing frame structures, efficient propellers and motors, and most important of all BATTERY. I did my research on batteries long ago and found a solution, which majorly improves flight time. I don’t use inefficient Lipo batteries anymore for bigger UAS. I make my own batteries. How did that happen? I did research, I talked to people, read about the results of their experiments and with all the knowledge I gained, I did my own experiments and found solutions. A lot of ppl helped me here in this forum, including you:
@Banme_RC U helped me clear the doubt about the range of Herelink to 15km+
@MadRC First person who showed the long range Herelink setup, guided me a lot (Thanks MadRC), saved me from spending on Hero4 Session as it has no HDMI. A lot of help from his youtube channel
@philip guided me in antenna placement and his other posts helped a lot
@hextd His recent post help me gain confidence in the reliability of the HereLink system.

and may others on this forum helped. So I totally disagree with you about your thoughts on smart and creative people.
Sorry for the long and of the topic message. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

To me, one of the best solution is the Hawkeye Firefly 4K split camera (just to get an FPV camera) It is not a crazy camera but it makes the job.

You can also have a look on the camera list we made, that list all the camera reported working with the Herelink.

2 Likes

HI Gents,

I would like to know if I can use the new Hawkeye 4K Split v 4.0 with herelink?

Perhaps an analog-2-HDMI converter? I’m guessing is a dumb comment, but isn’t there something like that?

I have been looking to use micro FPV cameras and my use of this is pretty specific so I have had trouble finding tips from others who have tried. It seems that most cameras used with the HereLink are bigger cameras including GoPros and my project requires a lightweight micro camera. I am looking to have two micro FPV cameras sending video through the air unit’s HDMI ports hopefully with an OSD overlay. I have attached a picture of a setup that I found on the forum which looks close to what I want but it provides little to no information of the pinouts and wiring that was used. I would really appreciate any advice on the specific micro HDMI pinouts and if this idea is potentially feasible.

Following The Post
(Same Question)

worst camera ever used in drones…

Is there a central document repository based upon the myriad of responses in this thread?

I use a FOXEER T-REX FPV Camera for the HUD I built for my RV8. It provides HUD Gun Camera video, it works fine, its not HDMI but I feed its High Quality Video into a Small 2 input DVR that both records the Gun Camera video on a SD Memory Card but also provides Realtime video out both as a HDMI signal and as Analog Video output. You can see how the HUD and Camera/DVR work at our FlyOnSpeed website at https://www.flyonspeed.org/hud. If you have questions contact information is there.

Yep we tried to update each time someone posted a new one, but I’m sure many other references non-listed would work