Here 2 can update

Set advanced options in mission planner to get those buttons

Run 4.04 and latest mission planner beta

Thank you Philip!
It was straight forward to identify SLCAN with 4.04 beta. And updated the Here2 (no Beta). Awesome!

Before I did run out of time, I was about to put in these:

CAN_D1_PROTOCOLļ¼š1
CAN_D2_PROTOCOLļ¼š1
CAN_P1_DRIVERļ¼š1
CAN_P2_DRIVERļ¼š1
GPS_TYPEļ¼š9
NTF_LED_TYPESļ¼š231

But the old parameter list view is removed, or under is it under advanced?
I was not able to find advanced mode or the parameter. I did search for the first one in the config section.
Is this procedure adjusted?

No GPS lock yet from CAN, seems to be no compass yet too. Will continue later.

I have no idea what is going on. Full parameter tree is gone with 4.0.4 and 4.03 @ MP 1.3.68 and the latest.
Advanced mode is not available. Nothing useful about this from CTRL+F.
I canā€™t find a way to have control about GPS-blending and other settings. Standard parameters is a too limited tab.

Here2 does not work for me at CAN. Compass unknown and no signs of any GPS function. Is it supposed to be plug and play today or do I missing something? RTK/GPS inject tab -> M8P/F9P autoconfig, is not supposed to be activated?

I have two GPS/Compasses, the second one is 3DR. That one has always been plug and play, always working. Now when Here2 has been in i2c, the GPS is not working in 3DR for the first time. Even alone without Here2. But the compass in 3DR does still work.
Here2 have GPS in i2c, but compass does not work, not possible to deactivate, not possible to calibrate. Error message is forbidding from take off due to compass error.

I will erase everything, may there is some auto settings that is the cause.

On Can it is not plug and play.

For the GPS you need to manually set the pram to CAN, as for compass you will need to configure it in the new compass screen at the default.

As for your prams Iā€™d delete and reinstall MP.

Thank you MadRC!
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-canbus-setup-advanced.html

I did these steps last time it was possible. (Put in the 5 new parameters and put in newer Here2 firmware). Easy steps when possible to follow instructions, but did not work. Must be something else that I am missing, or can it be defective? How straight forward is the installation for developers today?

Now it actually works on i2c. It was a hidden confirmation about hide the Here-compass. The missing-button did not work earlier. I have passed by the compass tab before without questions, and have rebooted a few times between.

Anyway, Here2 compass is ā€œdeadā€ and hidden by having it in position 4, Here GPS works, also in dGPS. Compass works on 3DR again. I will not do anything else for some days, I will perform a task soon with it.

I will reinstall MP again and see if it helps to get the options back.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Iā€™ve got SLCan Mode CAN to work!!! If you have done literally everything like checking the Can_D1 port enables or flashing firmware but still canā€™t get it to work, try my method. Go check if your CAN_SLCAN_SERNUM param was set as -1 for default, which in my case it does. Now change it to 0 or any other serials. Iā€™m not sure how to explain the reason why this work, but it just does. After, that write the program and then goes back to UAVCAN and click on the SLCan Mode CAN1, this hopefully should let you see your CAN devices. ***Important notes, for every time to enter SLCan Mode CAN, you need to go back and change out the default (-1) in CAN_SCLAN_SERNUM param. Once again, it worked for me everytime and hopefully this would help.

I noticed there is an update to v1.5 in MP now. Any changes?

mainly just move from fix to fix2 gps message, other than that pretty much the same.

we have a 1.6beta fw atm, which added more rtk support for here3

1 Like

Good morning all,

Since I am new here and currently building a land drone, I need someone to answer the following questions for me.

As soon as I received my new Here 2 GPS, I put the switch on CAN and connected it to my Pixhawk 2.1 via the GPS port which is in the middle. I did all the necessary configuration (Activation of CAN_P1 / activation of the compass / change led option)
And after I made the update the firmware in my GPs to the last version (I flashed the bootloader fistful, and secondly, I flashed the application files) but the problem is, mission planer sometimes doesnā€™t recognize and I canā€™t understand why, can the beta fix it or not.
Otherwise, you advise me to use the I2C goal instead of CAN?

When you say itā€™s not recognised you mean no GPS comes up ?

If that is the case I would check the connections as once CAN is setup it should be solid overall. Doing the update will do no harm though.

Which firmware is for each item?
Mission planner?
Ardupilot?
Here2?