Here3 Connected Sats lower than Here2

Hi All,

On Here3 connected sats are lower than Here2, On the same environment (testing with 2 drones equipped with Here3 and Here2) Here2 connects 12-16 sats, Here3 connects 8-12 sats.

First I thought it may be just connecting to GPS or Beidou, then i checked the parameter it is set to GPS+GLONASS+QZSS.

Does anyone notice this? Is there a setting or solution because on cloudy days my Here3 cant connect >7 sats.

You may try to connect to u-blox chip directly and see if the parameter settings are correct
https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/here-3/here-3-manual#3-connect-here3-to-u-center-for-gnss-related-parameter-checking

I tried this, parameter was gnssConfig = 97 for GPS+GLONASS+QZSS but i will try again to be sure.

Do satellites number showing in U-center looks normal? Maybe you can try to update everything again (Here3+ublox).

Hey Doug,

Any update on this? I seem to be in the same boat, barely getting 10 Sats in an open field.
gnssConfig = 97
Firmware version = 1.7

Hi!

Did you solve this problem? Im facing somethin similar.

Thanks!

1 Like

I do experience the same issue, i am worried if i can fly at this low sat count and this high HDOP

any news about this? Still lhave the same issue…

I am also facing the same issue. And at once it was showing sat upto 13-14, so i fly it up. Suddenly after few minutes the sat drop to 0 and hdop become 100. and No fix msg recieved and it just fly away. By god grace it was recovered.
What could be the reason for that?
@Alvin
My CAN port was damaged so i was using it on serial. Firmware was 4.0.7 , Cube Black.

Hi everyone, may be this can help.

I have solve my low sat problem, the issue was the only one screw here 3 has to atach to the frame , Very odd, we to have use a shorter screw and not to tight, and I got the 17 sat again.

Hope this can hep to everyone.