Here3+ GPS No Fix Issue - Need Assistance

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with my Here3+ GNSS module where it fails to obtain a fix despite being outdoors with a clear view of the sky. I have already ensured that my firmware is up to date, and I have taken several troubleshooting steps, including:

1. Verified all connections are secure and undamaged.
  2. Confirmed the GPS configuration in the flight controller software (Mission Planner/QGroundControl) is correct.
  3. Tried connecting the GPS module to a different port on the flight controller.
  4. Ensured there are no sources of RF interference nearby.
  5. Performed a fresh compass calibration.
  6. Verified that the GPS antenna is not damaged and properly connected.

Despite these efforts, the GPS module still does not obtain a fix.
Here are some additional details:

• Model: Here3+
  • Flight Controller: [cube orange plus with arducopter 4.5.4 firmware]
    Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Muthuswaminathan

Share your parameter file along with Here3+ current firmware.

Do you use dual here3+ GNSS?

I attached the param file in the Google drive: here3+ issue – Google Drive

I think firmware is already latest version. When i clicked for update, it shows no updates available now.

i use single here3+ gnss only

@Kalai_Selvan what might be the problem bro. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Everything looks fine for me …

LED status is normal? Have you checked mavlink-CAN Inspector to check whether data is coming from here3+?

Yes, I checked in can inspector and i think the data coming from here3+ properly. Do you find anything wrong with it?

Looks normal.
You have never got satellites on this module or was it working before?
If never, you can try soldering a wire from RF out of ublox to antenna directly and check. If it works then, some components on RF line have bad soldering.

@MUTHUSWAMINATHAN_S please update Here3+ module with firmware from here Releases · CubePilot/GNSSPeriph-release · GitHub , and try connecting u-center to ublox module, follow the steps for that from here: Here 4 Manual | CubePilot ignore the firmware update part of it just follow the instruction on how to connect. After that generate a ublox log and share it here.

thankyou for the reply @sidbh . i just updated my here3+ by missionplanner itself. and it was now updated to v1.10.

i checked in the website that you have shared. so which version and file i have to download? gnss peripheral file in v1.14 for here4 or which file in v1.11 for here3+.

and i connected my here3+ to u-center by setting the pass through parameter to 1 enabled the serial passthrough.

and in u-center i connected by network connection with the address tcp://127.0.0.1:500. i think it was connected successfully but i can’t see much info in monitor.

which log data i need to record and share to you?

I’m about to lose it! This Here3+ GNSS module has been playing hide and seek with me for almost a month now. I’m at the point where I’m considering starting a support group for people haunted by GPS modules.:joy::sweat_smile:

Please respond

Yours in frustration,
Muthuswaminathan

Have you contacted your reseller for faulty units if any?

@MUTHUSWAMINATHAN_S please contact your reseller. Do you have other Here3+ modules, that are functioning fine?

@RedbullF1 hey thanks for your reply.
This👇 is top side of my gps

And its the back side. Where is the antenna wire of it how can i locate it?

It’s inside shielding. But contact your reseller. They might just replace it.

@RedbullF1 the prblm is they are not responding. So can you please tell how can i do this in my own.

So, Now I opened that shield and i can locate soldering of antenna.

What to do with it?

I also have face the same problem similar to yours.

What i have done is, make sure you are in correct mode, either CAN or I2C. Assemble your gps, get it connected to the pixhawk. This is the trick : Put your pixhawk and gps outside the lab, and make sure the GPS have clear sky. Connect the battery. Let it there for 5-10 minutes, so that it can get gps reception. And it is solved.

This work for me.

@sidbh No i have only one here3+ module

@Zihad_Mahmud yeah bro i tried that… I placed my gps with no interference and with clear sky… And waited for half an hour also… no luck🥲

You’ll have to connect a wire from antenna solder to ublox second pin from top, the RF pin.
images (9)