Here3+ Remote ID Module

Mads Tech had a video today regarding the new Here3+. Anyone know where the documentation is for the remote ID module that’s built in?

@philip

The module will be available early next year and plugs in.

Philip,

Is there a beta firmware available for the 3+ that will allow us to test this module?

As soon as the modules start shipping, yes

Just so I understand more clearly. The module is not built into the Here3+ but rather will be an add-on product? What is at the other end of the CAN cable inside the Here3+?

It plugs either into your carrier board or your here3+

Two versions available

1. Serial for inside here3+ or on a serial port on the carrier board
  2. CAN for use independently to the here.
1 Like

Is it this?

Just from what I have read here I am assuming this will be considered a remote ID module by the FAA? This is opposed to a standard Remote ID device. The main difference as I understand it is a Standard Remote ID must be able to broadcast, from takeoff to shutdown,

• Drone ID
  • Drone location and altitude
  • Drone velocity
  • Control station location and elevation
  • Time mark
  • Emergency status

The remote modules are not required to broadcast the GCS or emergency info.

What info does this new module broadcast?

The reason I ask is the remote modules as defined by FAA won’t allow a drone to be flown beyond visual line of site.

Will you please update this thread when things are ready to be sold?

That will depend on the OEM setup etc.

The system will be “standard” or “module” by FAA standards

Has there been any update on any documentation for installing the CubeID in the Here3+ yet. Really don’t want to take it apart and mess something up. TIA

1 Like

Is there any update on how to use the remote ID module that Mads Tech says is built in?

Please use the latest Here3Plus release from here Releases · CubePilot/GNSSPeriph-release · GitHub . After connecting Remote ID as shown in the video, you need to follow the instructions here Cube ID - CubePilot

Unless I’m missing it, I’m not seeing any videos in either of the links you provided???

It sure would be “Nice” if there was some documentation on installing the CubeID module “IN” the Here3+ as stated many times. Carefully really doesn’t help any. Need to know how to hook it up ( electrically) along with where inside ( as stated previously). Thanks

The serial module comes with the connector, the module sits on the bottom between the istand mounting lugs, you need to drill a hole for the antenna. Cable can only fit one way.

Thank you. I saw a pic of an opened up one in another post and wanted to know what I was in for.