This topic is created due to problem that I have been facing while trying to customize herelink remote unit’s boot animation through OEM image flash method. I followed under given steps:
- Downloaded and extracted required image files : simg2img, img2simg, Remote Unit: oem_ru_base.img, Air Unit: oem_au_base.img.
- Created a raw image of oem_ru_base.img by command :
./simg2img oem_ru_base.img raw_oem_ru_base.img
- Created a directory oem and mounted created raw_oem_ru_base.img over this created oem directory by command :
sudo mount raw_oem_ru_base.img oem
- Now I entered inside mounted directory oem and then I went to media directory.
- From there I copied bootanimation.zip folder to another location and extracted it there.
- Then I entered inside the extracted directory bootanimation and found that there were two directories there by the name : part0 and part1.
- I already had the images that I wanted in my custom boot animation with same resolution and same orientation, thus I renamed all the images as names that were given to image that were loaded at boot animation and replaced them with my images.
- Now I created a zip file for bootanimation folder in which I have changed the image.
- Now the bootanimation.zip file that was present inside media directory in oem directory is replaced with bootanimation.zip that has been customized according to my need.
- Now I checked the permissions of bootanimation.zip file and found that there were write rights too for it, so I removed them by commad :
sudo chmod a-w bootanimation.zipas only read only rights are needed to be provided to it.
- Now I created an app directory inside oem and inside that I created a directory of my application that I am installing in herelink using OEM method.
- Inside the directory of my app I pasted the apk file and libraries required by it.
- Now I umnounted the oem directory and all the changed were reflected back to raw image that was used at the time of mounting.
- Now I created a sparse image for updated raw image using command :
./img2simg raw_oem_ru_base.img oem_ru.img
- Now used the command :
adb reboot bootloadedto enter static boot state with fastboot on the screen.
- Now I flashed the image in herelink’s oem direcotry using command :
fastboot flash oem oem_ru.img
- Image flashing was successful but when I rebooted the device the UI was inverted and no boot animation was displayed.
Can someone look through the approach that I have taken and rectify me if there are any changes that I need to make in the process that I have followed.