Herelink Firmware Update problem

is it necessarily like that? You always want to make it difficult for users. Why not to do this online? Between producer and users?

1 Like

I’ve got two Herelink. I tried to update both ground unit with the license key that I got from my local reseller (Robotshop). I am not able to register with both. I successfully flashed them, established a wifi connection and setted the time. Each time I try to enter the two license key I was given, a pop-up tells me that I cannot register. I’ve also tried the different regions, don’t know if it changes anything… Is there anything I am missing? Any idea?

Please send a message to @sidbh with the picture of the serial number on the back of your controller and the key you were given.

2 Likes

So after many times trying and reflashing the unit and still no luck. I tethered it with a USB cable to my surface and it went right through. Apparently even though it connected to my router and I could see data usage, it doesn’t like directly connecting to my TP-link. Currently it’s downloading the update. Hurray… thank you all.

4 Likes

Great news.

1 Like

@Hughes_La_Vigne we are not getting any verification request from your end, can you try via different network.

Very strange, I used the same network with my laptop and my cellphone without any problem, but it seems that the Herelink remote controller can’t access internet throught it. I used another one. Problem solved, thanks for the follow-up.

3 Likes

Tried to do the update on my herelink and followed the instructions and the flash screen, I think, went to quick. it did not show the same things as in the video. and when it reboots it does not show the set up screens. And I couldn’t find the update system tab in the area it it supposed to be. any help would be great.

Are you using Windows or mac ?

Windows you need to be on Win10 64 bit

If in windows try installing the android tools and trying again https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb

I’m using Win10 64bit

When I did the flash program the. Screen went really fast for me too, The first time but if you do it a second time in a row it should go through the unpacking and for the air unit I actually had to do it three times. I had to click on the flash program the first time it flashed, the second time it unpacked and the third it installed.

I have done the same process about 5 times now and no luck. I must be missing something. when the ground controller reboots it goes to a white screen for a second and then loads QGC
I followed the video, but I can’t seem to get the Beta tab at the top of the instruction screen to give me the new FW .

The beta tab is now gone. The correct firmware is now on the main page.

here is a screen shot of the flashing process.

@sidbh

@K_Hunsaker Maybe try running the flasher program from a different location, i.e. copy to different folder and try again. Or try running as administrator.

tried both of those, also tried a different computer, still Win10. did not work.
Are there settings on the Herelink device somewhere that might be blocking this? is there some way to check the settings with a known unit, or new factory unit? could we have done something that is causing this to be blocked?
Can I do a factory reset and try again? or will that remove the QGC and original control settings?

Did you install the android driver on the other computer ?

I think so, when I plug in the herelink the usb reads the device. is that what you are referring to?

The issue you are seeing is totally unrelated to the Herelink device. Its a file permission issue. Which directory in Windows are you running the program from?