Has anyone mounted their HereLink Ground Station antennas separately from the handset? For example, by using a cable to put the antenna on a tripod or mast?
- To separate antenna orientation and positioning from handset (e.g. antennas elevated on a mast)
- Change to a different antennas (e.g. directional, higher gain, etc)
- Ground Station design was optimized for OEM antennas.
- Each connector attenuates the signal.
- Certifications (CE, FCC) are antenna dependent. (Right, @Philip?)
- The ground station antenna connectors are recessed. This makes access tight, and possibly prevents 90-degree connectors.
Antenna connector: mini BNC
Frequency: 2.4GHz (so wifi antennas will work)
The Ground Station treats antenna inputs with true diversity.
- Spec of OEM antennas? (i.e. gain, manufacturer, pn)
- What antenna / cable have you tried?
- What range have you achieved?