HereLink is now Stable!

Hi Dhruva,

Can you share your mission file with me by any chance, or let me know exactly what I need to set up in Solex to reproduce this? I fly ROI missions very frequently, and haven’t noticed this behavior. I’d like to get it sorted out ASAP if it’s not working.

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi @kellyschrock
I really appreciate your fast response. I’m hoping we are able to figure out a solution soon. Or if I’m performing wrong, please correct me.

I’m uploading a sample test case here. I have inserted 5 waypoints including 1 ROI point via the SOLEX mission planner page.

It can be observed that point 3 is ROI set in solex. Although when I read the mission in the mission planner, it indicates DO_SET_CAM_TRIGG_DIST.

ROI test sample.zip (305 Bytes)

Orange Cube firmware: V4.0.5
Herekink: Latest Update.

Hi Dhruva,

I see the problem here. You’ve dropped a ROI point in the editor, but what you need to do then is tap on the waypoint where you want the ROI to become active. At the bottom of the detail panel that appears, select “ADD” under “Actions”. A list will appear. Click “Set ROI”, and a new action will appear. Tap “click to set” on the action, and pick the ROI point you added (it will have an auto-generated name by default, but you can change the ROI’s name in the detail panel for the ROI itself).

Select another waypoint where you want the ROI to become inactive, and perform the above steps on that waypoint. Select “reset” as the ROI, and the ROI will be cleared at that point in the mission. Alternatively, you can define multiple ROIs and switch from one ROI to the other this way.

The reason it’s structured like this is so you can define multiple ROIs in a mission and use them flexibly from any waypoint in the mission, turning them on and off whenever you like.

The DO_SET_CAM_TRIGG_DIST command you see in the mission is generated by default to ensure that no residual “Cam Trigger” commands are still active when a new mission starts.

Thanks,
Kelly

1 Like

Hi Kelly,
Thank you very much for the information. We tried the way you advised for multiple missions and it works very well.
Thanks again.

Regards
Dhruva

Hello all,

I have on the new stable firmware the issue i posted on another thread:
Hello @MadRC , i suppose the proposed setup was available only before the stable release?
i can see that on AAU01210729 you can no longer choose Sbus out on the wheel and also on solex i cant see to find a way to make your setup work, since it allows the wheel up to ch16 and sbus starts from 17. Am i doing something wrong? It seems also that the docs are also outdated and dont follow along with the latest fw changes

Does this answer your question?

1 Like

The wheel for some reason accepts only 5-16 channels and also i have not found a way to do what @MadRC had said in the past and be able to cingif a button with which i would be able to jump between two function on the wheel. Tilt and camera zoom.

Ok. That’s strange. I have the wheel on Channel 26 or so (which is SBUS2) and it works just fine.

@Antonios_Antzoulatos

So you really can not set the slider for the wheel channel to anything from channel 17 onwards?

You can only set it from the herelink config. if you try from solex, it goes up to 16 and no more. which means you cant have a seperate fuction for it on solex., ill make a short video later today and post

Hello friend, today I decided to update the herelink, after opening the flasher_win.exe application on another pc that I could correctly open, I started with the update and everything started as usual correctly.

After the first bar of downloading the package in the executable flasher_win.exe the wiffi started to download from my computer, it was disconnected by mistake, after that my herelinlk restarted and when it turned on it never started it stays on the screen that I show in the video.

Try to do the update from 0 initial in 3 windows computers with usb debugging and everything is correct.

but now it is impossible to fix this problem as you can see in the video

It only works to update our herelink in this way or via SD is it possible? or some solution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtrcmwJgME

run flasher from commandline

I have updated to the most recent version of Herelink and QGC has stopped working. Whenever QGC is launched it displays “Waiting For Vehicle Connection” even though the ground unit is linked to the air unit which is all ready to go. When the Drone is hooked up to Mission Planner it shows throttle etc. inputs from the ground unit but QGC will not recognize my drone.

i am having the same issue now and nothing i have tried has worked

Download the new air unit firmware thru the Herelink and all will be fixed.

I have tried this. Did not solve my issue

I tried this but it made no difference. It appears to be a problem with communication between QGC and the ground unit. The autopilot receives stick input but QGC will not recognize the connection.

I can’t switch the HDMI video source with MP. I asked the manufacturer’s after-sales service, and the after-sales service said that MP can’t switch either. I now refer to the MP code and can’t switch. Is there really no way? This matter has been put on hold for nearly half a month

Go with QGC and Px4 firmware. Ardupilot has lots of issues .