Herelink Map problem

herelink see my 5ghz network and connects to it without any problems. but maps still dont work and dont update

hello,

how to do that? pls kindly share with us

I have same problem with my herelink? How to fix it? Thanks

@sidbh

Hi Philip,
same problem , i have 5 ghz network but my herelink unit don’t see my network.
Also i use my P30 Lite hotspot and same problem.

DFS channels can interfere with critical equipment around the world, so we block them. It’s part of getting FCC and CE.

@philip I am having the same issue, and I think I might find the problem. No matter how I switch the map provider, the Satellite Map from Google is always empty. All the other maps including Street Map & Terrain Map from Google work without any problem. Unfortunately, Google Satellite Map is normally the go-to map for most people at least to my understanding.

Again, this map issue has NOTHING to do with internet connection as many people including @Michael mentioned.

Any solution or workaround will be appreciated.

@Steven - you could also try loading offline maps: Herelink offline map loading instructions

@frame Thanks for your information. I did find your instruction before posting my question. I would like to give it a try but am wondering is it possible to load the offline map of a very big area (eg. the whole California) onto HereLink?

The reason I am asking is because we are a commercial UAV manufacturer. HereLink could be the most promising ground controller system for open source APs, and we would love to adopt it as our standard portable GCS.

On the other hand, it will be almost impractical and impossible to do so if our customers have to deal with the offline map issues by themselves.

Ironically, the Google Satellite Map suddenly went alive as we spoke. All I did was changing the map provider from Google to VWorld and back to Google again… :rofl:

@Steven - offline map size is limited with Herelink map storage space - which seems to reside on microSD storage by default - if to believe location path hint (/storage/sdcard0/QGroundControl/Missions/). So there should be plenty of space - and it probably can be expanded if swapping mSD card to larger one.