HereLink NextVision Camera Problem

Hi!

I have a problem with a camera we bought from NextVision (https://www.nextvision-sys.com/ ), the Colibrí2 in this case.

They use a secondary system to connect the video via HDMI to the HereLink unit, the TRIP2 unit.
Here is a picture of how this works.

The problem is that sometimes the airunit transmit the video, and sometime not. It´s a quite random. From the nextvision factory they have told me:

“The Herelink declares 720p / 1080p . BUT practically, Herelnk does not support 720p. We found ourself preparing a special firmware to support Herelink – converting camera 720p signal into 1080p on the TRIP2. This was utilizing all video processing power of the TRIP2. Just to compensate for Herelink lack of actual support of 720p .”

So may be this is the problem of why some times airunits doesnt work. I have seen some questiones related to 720P over here, there is something I can do to patch the Hereunit?

Thanks!

there is a modified image to support 720p on this forum… finding link

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Oborne ,
I also used the modified image for my nextvisions, in some of them it worked delayed or as a window which not occupy all the screen just an upper left portion. (All units at Latest) Is there a specific trick to check?

Best,
Dimitris

Hi @Michael_Oborne , thanks for your help.

I have flashed the air unit, but the problems with this camera still there…

May be you know something about the manufacter and know what can we do?

Thanks!

Hi every one

I was looking how to make this work, and I have raelized if you delay the TRIP booting, and let the HL boot first, the video start every time!

So, as a workarround, need to ask to NV if they can delay the booting, and if they dont, use an electronic delay relay.

Hope this can help

Bye

@Michael_Oborne is the 720p firmware still available somewhere? Your Google Drive link seems to be broken…

@RoboMotic I have to Integrate a TRIP2 with Herelink as well. Have you found in the meantime a better solution, instead of delaying the booting of the TRIP2?

Thanks!

the latest fw supports 720, so there is no need for it anymore

@Michael_Oborne Is there anything specific I need to take into account when using 720p?
I tried both 50/60 Hz outputs of the Trip2 Video Processor. On the Herelink I turned the 1080P button of…Airunit is on FW: AAU01211129.

Thanks!

Hi, saldy no, after the delayed startup i start to have the same problem. I had to change the remote to a skydroid to make it work. Beside that, if you use herelinik, you will not be able to record video on the trip, so you will only have the video recorded on the HL, and that one is not the full quality the camera can give.

I’m sorry but the best solution is to change the remote or buy the trip5 I think, you have to ask to the nextvision team if will work that way.

@RoboMotic thank you for your response! If I see correctly, the Skydroid is Interfaces with Ethernet instead of HDMI? As the new Version of the Herelink Air unit features an ethernet port. This could be a potential solution as well, right?

Does anybody may know, if the new Herelink Air Unit (Ethernet) is compatible with the Old Remote Controller? If yes, this would be the cheapest solution I think.

It’s weird, that more and more users are experiencing problems with HDMI, most of the cases are described as randomly working or not working.

Here I read the same as another topic, if you turn on the other hdmi device later than the AU, the results are better, but still much worse than 100%.

I’ve read my bugreports, they contain constant “initialize HDMI sensor - clock unstable” messages more than 1000 times (!!!) per log file.

Can the manufacturer eliminate this problem with repairing this faulty firmware version, or is it a hardware problem and i have to return the units to the reseller? Quite frustrating not to have any accurate response for a month now. I start to lose my loyalty.

initialize HDMI sensor - clock unstable

i would try a different cable.

4 different cables were tested. The original cabe included in the herelink box too. Symptoms are the same. All cable just work instantly with every other hdmi systems.

can you confirm what output mode the camera is using? ie it is 1080p, or 720p

1080p 60fps as standard, also tried at 30fps and 720p output too, no significant improvement.

With minimum config on an empty desk, with laboratory power supply, only the herelink air unit, its antennas, the hdmi cable and the action cam, the problem is all the same.

Hello @RoboMotic can you help me with all the schematic cables that we should connect between Trip 2, pixhawk, and telemetry module. And especially how to powered up my trip 2.

Hello @Michael_Oborne @mekmymac @RoboMotic @PrcsnFlyer
I have difficulties by powering up my trip 2. I connected my trip 2 to pixhawk and telemetry module like this picture, and I don’t know which pin is the Vcc and which one is the Gnd in the power plug. Can you help me please?

hi

Here is the schematics of how to cable the power

12 to 30Volt

Hello Everyone!

As the NV cameras support is a quite slow, I was thinking we can make a NextVision cameras group on whatsapp, that way we can help all toghether with each one experiences.

Any one intrested on be part of the group pls send me private message.

thanks

For the TRIP-2 device do you have root access as it were? I’ve skimmed this discussion and I use a Pi much like you use this device. The issue “could” be the Herelink system or it “could” be the TRIP. Without logs and such it would be just a guess.

I checked around here:

With respect to that device what access are you given as a user?

1 Like