Herelink September Beta update available

@philip Any chance that this update will be available as non beta in the next weeks?

@BloodyLordV, Iā€™m having this same issue as you stated except with copter 4.0.6 and the Herelink at the current stable release.

Iā€™m trying to update the Herelink controller to the Beta, but when I click ā€œUpdateā€ it says on a screen saying ā€œReady for updateā€. I canā€™t do anything after that. Iā€™ve tried restarting the controller and same issue.

Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m going to have to do factory reset and re-do everything.

This beta update is not ready for use. Only use it to have a look at the functions but not in order to control anything. It is dangerous and you will crash.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE UNLESS YOU ARE A DEVELOPER.

1 Like

I have two recently purchased Herelink. On the advice of Phillip, I installed the Beta to get rid of the QGC version error, but picked up a missing compass parameter nag now. Customers donā€™t like errors, even if irrelevant.

We have used the Herelink since inception and used Pixhawk/Cube for many years in our commercial air/grd/sea vehicles.

I had a concerning incident yesterday. Two hexs with these recently purchased Herelinks. Iā€™m working on one hex and the Herelink disconnects. Across the room I hear the other Herelink enumerating telemetry for the hex I am working on. The hex paired to that Herelink is not powered and itā€™s Herelink powered by accident.

Are Herelink units not bound to a specific receiver? Weā€™ve never had this happen. With these two particular Herelinks we have had some random disconnects and I now think this is why. Surely this is not by design.

1 Like

Hi, Im sorry about your problems. Just to be sure, this issue you hav reported was with the beta right?

This way we can know and avoid to update to beta

thanks

Yes, as explained in the post - the current BETA is on both controllers.

1 Like

i would suggest to re-pair them.
fresh out of box units can cross pair if they havenā€™t been paired via the app.

I can only say that I was told to install the BETA to cure the QGC 3.3 version nag (but gained a missing compass parameter nag). The BETA seems to ā€œworkā€ just fine, except for the cross-pairing thing (OMG). Erroneous messages and being told to ignore them diminishes the value of all error messages - creates confusion as to whether to ignore them or heed them.

I will say, with the limited number of buttons, I donā€™t get removing the ability of long press button functions. Am I missing something there? The original beta from over a year ago was more functional, IMO.

Some of us just need a stable, functional, retail product for commercial use. The Herelink could be, but just isnā€™t (yet?).

1 Like

When will support for 1080/25P come?

What about the roll wheel update ? Is there any update on that ?

When is rate style mode for roll wheel coming

yes its coming.

I next september update ?

In next september update ?

we are already testing the feature in current alpha versions. and plan to release it soon

So with this feature the gimbal wheel works like a self centering but exactly not like a self centering. I mean that though the gimbal will self center, but the pwm value stays the same. So therefore the gimbal stays wherever it is, even after releasing the hand, am I correct ? If I am wrong, then please explain me what is rate style mode ?

there will be 2 modes.
one is incremental. ie movement add a small amount. and centering stops it in its current location
the other is as it is now.

So with incremental, If I release my hand also from the gimbal wheel and it self centers, then also te value will remain same ? If the wheel is default at 1100 pwm value and I move it to 1800 pwm value, then after releasing my hand from the gimbal also the pwm value will stay as 1800 or it will be again 1100 as it is hapenning now with self centering herelink ? I just wanted to confirm again.

So with incremental, If I release my hand also from the gimbal wheel and it self centers, then also te value will remain same ? If the wheel is default at 1100 pwm value and I move it to 1800 pwm value, then after releasing my hand from the gimbal also the pwm value will stay as 1800 or it will be again 1100 as it is hapenning now with self centering herelink ? I just wanted to confirm again.
@Michael_Oborne

can you explain me a bit more about the incremental mode ? I mean that is it like the output stays where ever it is. If the wheel is default at 1100 pwm value and I move it to 1800 pwm value, then after releasing my hand from the gimbal also the pwm value will stay as 1800. Am I correct @Michael_Oborne