Herelink Stick Input, bad precision / Dead-Zone around Mid-Point?

Is there any chance to eliminate the dead-zone around mid-Point of the Herelink sticks?
Video1 view via Dropbox: Dropbox - Herelink_Stick-deadzone_Issue.mov - Simplify your life
Video2 view via Dropbox: Dropbox - Stick-Sensor_Precision.mov - Simplify your life

I have 3 herlinks, with calibrated sticks, one is out of the box – no difference and same Stick precision on all 3. I love all the advantages that the herelink offers us but i see this point as very critical if that is all the precision that the product can do.

Loiter flights feel very strange, especially when you are flying slow maneuvers. Every landing in a strong wind (>20m/s) or precise flying becomes a real challenge even after 20 years of RC experience.

am I the only one who sees it that way?
Hope (I’m wrong and) there is a way to fix it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the impression that the quality of all sticks, wheels and buttons is quite limited. Maybe a dead zone is necessary because the values “jump around”. Its is clearly not the USP of the system. It would be interesting if it is possible to replace these parts. I prefere the gimbals of my Taranis by far but as the Herelink system offers so many advantages I accept it. Maybe it is also a think of getting used to it.

1 Like

I think this may be a latency problem

1 Like