Introducing Here3!

If you need a longer cable, simply use the splitter board to join another cable to it

1 Like

Current cable is about 29cm for reference.

2 Likes

Tell me please, does it use L1 and L2?

1 Like

From the u-blox NEO-M8P spec sheet the constellations and bands that can be received are GPS L1 C/A, GLONASS L1OF, BeiDou B1I.

1 Like

I’m sorry to tell you, then you made a mistake my client’s are all asking for L1 / L2…

That will be available with an F9P based GPS. Philip has been teasing glamour shots of the Here Pro and we’re waiting. The “launch” video for the HerePro is here.

1 Like

It is RTK rover compatible for the cost of the standard GPS. It’s not a mistake it’s giving you much more than anyone else for the price you paid before.

The Here Pro will be for those who want L1 and L2

2 Likes

Assuming OpenSolo 4.x compatibility, correct?

Also, given that it is capable of RTK, I am assuming that it outputs RAW RINEX observations so we can PPK instead as well, correct?

2 Likes

Super if theire will be a pro version with L1 L2
I didn’t read anything about that.
Then you are totally right, right desission
Looking forward to get a pro version, regards, thanks, stefan

definitely Open Solo compatible on your cube orange :slight_smile: run 4.04 copter for best results

2 Likes

no chance of L1/L2 and quality for anything less than $1K these days. Of course people can solder a module to a board and call it a gps, but if you are serious, prepare to shell out the $$

at $125 the here 3 is cheaper than the M8P module by itself from digikey :slight_smile: definitly the best you can get for the $$

2 Likes

Phillip, I know but the people who are working with it will spend the money… I would straight away.
And think, some years before RTK costs easy $25K.
Anyway, I’m totally happy that you announce a pro version and a “amateur” version for 125$ is amazing. Thank you

1 Like

Lifespan of here3 Gps

1 Like

all our future GPS’s will be CAN based, so we can make them reverse compatible. the here3 is our latest unit, and will be our BASE model for a long time

2 Likes

@philip is there any major upgrades from the Here2 over the Here3?
From looking at the web pages for both, the only difference seems to be CAN compatibility and increased water/dust resistance.
Is there any update to the firmware to increase the reliability or accuracy over Here2?
We have a bunch of Here2’s and trying to determine whether to upgrade now Here3 or wait for the Here Pro for our new platforms.

(as a side note - does this mean the Here2 range is now EOL?)
Thanks!

1 Like

The major update is the M8P chipset. This is the big change then the removal of the “safety” switch.

In my experience the Here 2 is one of the best GPS I have used and the the Here 3 is an upgrade from that

if you don’t need RTK option and the water resistance then no reason not to use the Here 2.

2 Likes

Do I need AUX 4 feed back ( hotshoe) with here 3. or do I use CAM trigger time? RTK and PPK is something I still need to work through be feel this is my preferred solution.
Is the any benifit in running a here2 with here3?

1 Like

Hot shoe feedback is most accurate

2 Likes

Hi,
Can Here3 work with Pixhawk1?
Tnx

Hi!

Here3 need to be set the compass_scale to 1.27?

Thanks!