Introducing Here3!

Here3…

Ever since the m8p module came out, I have wanted it to be our base model.

For too long, precision has been out of reach.

Not anymore!

We have negotiated hard!!! And now, for less than the price of just the module by itself, we bring you RTK precision!

Here3 RTK! CAN! Improvement to the LEDs.
for almost half the price of the Here+
$125!!!

M8P… the new Base model GPS.

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/u-blox/NEO-M8P-0/672-NEO-M8P-0CT-ND/6150674

7 Likes

Philip, is this a replacement/improvement for the rover unit in the Here+? What is the accuracy of this unit when used by itself?

Great work on hitting that price point!! This should be a big seller!

Here3 replaces here, here+, Here2, here+V2

1 Like

We have been using Here+ in our system and we used to get ground and rover module both. In which the ground module used to connect with the rover module which used to send it regular corrections to improve the accuracy.
However, with Here 3 I can’t find a base module. I have the following doubts regarding this:

1. Just needed clarity so as to how is it functioning as a RTK?
  2. Will we have to use HERE+ base module with it?
  3. Is there any other link for the base module of HERE 3 which I cannot find on the website.

Thanks!

@philip @Michael_Oborne

1 Like

The Here+ ground unit is still the same, no change there

1 Like

So, if we want the base station to continuously send corrections to HERE 3 for improved accuracy, we need to purchase the base module of HERE+ along with it as well?

Thanks!

@philip @Michael_Oborne

1 Like

any word on how long the cable is coming out of the gps module?

will it be user replaceable if they need a longer cable?

will this be compatible with the here+ base station to create a full rtk setup? or will there be a Here3 specific base station released soon?

im excited for the price-point and the features in this! cant wait to get one

1 Like

If you need a longer cable, simply use the splitter board to join another cable to it

1 Like

Current cable is about 29cm for reference.

2 Likes

Tell me please, does it use L1 and L2?

1 Like

From the u-blox NEO-M8P spec sheet the constellations and bands that can be received are GPS L1 C/A, GLONASS L1OF, BeiDou B1I.

1 Like

I’m sorry to tell you, then you made a mistake my client’s are all asking for L1 / L2…

That will be available with an F9P based GPS. Philip has been teasing glamour shots of the Here Pro and we’re waiting. The “launch” video for the HerePro is here.

1 Like

It is RTK rover compatible for the cost of the standard GPS. It’s not a mistake it’s giving you much more than anyone else for the price you paid before.

The Here Pro will be for those who want L1 and L2

2 Likes

Assuming OpenSolo 4.x compatibility, correct?

Also, given that it is capable of RTK, I am assuming that it outputs RAW RINEX observations so we can PPK instead as well, correct?

2 Likes

Super if theire will be a pro version with L1 L2
I didn’t read anything about that.
Then you are totally right, right desission
Looking forward to get a pro version, regards, thanks, stefan

definitely Open Solo compatible on your cube orange :slight_smile: run 4.04 copter for best results

2 Likes

no chance of L1/L2 and quality for anything less than $1K these days. Of course people can solder a module to a board and call it a gps, but if you are serious, prepare to shell out the $$

at $125 the here 3 is cheaper than the M8P module by itself from digikey :slight_smile: definitly the best you can get for the $$

2 Likes

Phillip, I know but the people who are working with it will spend the money… I would straight away.
And think, some years before RTK costs easy $25K.
Anyway, I’m totally happy that you announce a pro version and a “amateur” version for 125$ is amazing. Thank you

1 Like

Lifespan of here3 Gps

1 Like