Introducing Here3!

all our future GPS’s will be CAN based, so we can make them reverse compatible. the here3 is our latest unit, and will be our BASE model for a long time

2 Likes

@philip is there any major upgrades from the Here2 over the Here3?
From looking at the web pages for both, the only difference seems to be CAN compatibility and increased water/dust resistance.
Is there any update to the firmware to increase the reliability or accuracy over Here2?
We have a bunch of Here2’s and trying to determine whether to upgrade now Here3 or wait for the Here Pro for our new platforms.

(as a side note - does this mean the Here2 range is now EOL?)
Thanks!

1 Like

The major update is the M8P chipset. This is the big change then the removal of the “safety” switch.

In my experience the Here 2 is one of the best GPS I have used and the the Here 3 is an upgrade from that

if you don’t need RTK option and the water resistance then no reason not to use the Here 2.

2 Likes

Do I need AUX 4 feed back ( hotshoe) with here 3. or do I use CAM trigger time? RTK and PPK is something I still need to work through be feel this is my preferred solution.
Is the any benifit in running a here2 with here3?

1 Like

Hot shoe feedback is most accurate

2 Likes

Hi,
Can Here3 work with Pixhawk1?
Tnx

Hi!

Here3 need to be set the compass_scale to 1.27?

Thanks!

Hi
Is here3 compatible with pixhawk 2.4.8 ??

Pixhawk 2.4.8 is a clone. If it has genuine CAN port, it should work without any issues.

1 Like

No

1 Like

Yes

Yes

correct… verified couple days ago

Just got may hands on a Cube Orange,Here3 and Here+ base. How do I extract .Obs, .Nav files for PPK from the rover and base? I’ve used the Mission Planner Geotagg function before on standard GPS but would this be RTK corrected events?

Is it possible to use Here3 with a i2c connection?

Why on earth would you want to do that?

I2C was only ever for the compass.

Where Can i get a replacement cable for my here3 GPS {the tiny head that plugs into the cube carrier}, and what is the connector type, i’d rather invest in a crimper and heads, in case it breaks again. I cant seem to find an identical match anywhere online.

Contact your reseller.