Orange & Yellow Beta Cubes - Firmware Issues

Awesome. Thanks for the report.

No, we don’t support Nuttx at all. Chibios only.

3.7 master

@philip can you give me a hand with this? thanks.

Try again with a more recent version, they have been playing with USB stuff in master lately.

Roger that, thanks. Going to test it out soon!

So here’s an update on my end: Yellow cube gives me a repeating “Initializing APM” and doesn’t recognize the GPS that is connected. Orange cube will take the firmware but will not connect now for some reason. I verified that I have the correct COM port and BAUD rate.

I checked the regular black cube on 3.6.10 just to make sure it wasn’t anything with MP and it works perfectly fine.

Ben

Cube orange running the latest master as of Aug 1st, I was able to upload firmware without issues. When I go to connect to it using the USB, MP finds it as a com port even labels it correctly but never receives any heartbeat packages using any of the customary baud rates that are normally used.

1 Like

There are usually 2 COM ports to a single cube. If one doesn’t work try the other.

there isn’t two com ports also tried the orange cube on a regular carrier board that I could confirm worked with a black cube, which the black cube swapped out also worked on the mini carrier board. the orange cube is recognized in the com port as a H7 etc… but when connecting no matter the baud rate or carrier board will not connect. I have also tried copter and plane latest builds for the orange cube by downloading them manually and using the custom firmware install. they also wont connect in qgc so its not a GCS specific issue. might have to take this over to the ardupilot discussion as i believe its possibly a firmware issue.

Looks like master is having some issues with com ports on orange and yellow at the moment.

Maybe try an earlier master, try June 18th?

The same over here…

Ok have got Yellow working with the earliest build of 01/05/2019 and Orange with the 02/05/2019 copter builds.

Now going to try some later ones but latest won’t connect on yellow and blue screens my laptop on orange.

Something to note that basic settings are in place so only 2 imu and EKF Active as per the old cube black settings.

Philip will the final release have it all turned on for all the cubes in the Cube back option or will this always be some settings users should change.

My intention is that the parameters are set correctly, for now add the SB2 parameters

I have managed to get the cube orange to connect to MP but had to use the latest firmware from 6-18-19 like CubePilot had suggested. I tried connecting to mavproxy using the latest firmware from today Aug. 7th and could not connect to the cube using mavproxy, QGC, or the latests beta MP that was also downloaded today Aug. 7th, MP would say loading parameters then crash the program. Not sure what the issue is but as of August and July none of the dates of the latest firmware will connect to any GCS on cube orange using either the original carrier board or the mini.

Yea some really weird stuff with the latest master builds. Orange is blue screening my win7 laptop on later builds.

The early ones are working though but still trying to get CAN working with Here 2.

I would strongly recommend getting away from win 7…

It’s my workshop work laptop and only windows machine, Mac Man you see ;). Yes I do but that will mean a new machine for the workshop.

Mission planner for Mac Please Guys ;).

Philip is there a knowns stable release date of master that works with orange and yellow cubes with here 2 on CAN ?

@sidbh
@Michael_Oborne

1 Like

given you using windows 7, you require the new drivers be installed before it will work.
please download and install this
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/driver.msi

1 Like