Orange & Yellow Beta Cubes - Firmware Issues

Orange arrived today. At first it wouldn’t work, until I did the procedure above.

Yes, that’s expected.

Hi.
I can not connect to the orange cube. I have mission planner 1.3.68.1 build 1.3.7235.7843 and I was install latest driver for these cube. Can you help me.

Uninstall that driver, then run the driver update MSI that is listed in the announcements section.

Update mission planner to latest beta as well

might also want to do a driver clean up on the crtl+f screen in mp in the top right area. Cube orange should have two comports one for slcan and one for the cube itself if I am not mistake at least thats how it shows up in my com ports.

2 Likes

Hi.
I did as you wrote but it still doesn’t work. Please watch the video below and tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Drivers are not installed correctly. With the latest you should see two com ports. Mavlink and UAV CAN. Try as follows.

Connect cube and Manually uninstall that device Driver once’s it detected.

With it still connected run the latest driver wizard again.

Once done disconnect cube and plug back in and let it install the driver.

This hopefully will give you both com ports mentioned above.

Still not working
orange cube. I tried several times first with an SD card in orange cube and then without. Maybe it was some important program on the SD card because I formatted the card at the beginning.
I did as you said. I am sending a video to you in case I did anything wrong.

SD card has nothing to do with anything other than logs etc…

Formatting your SD card won’t help, and won’t hurt

Go into the device manager and uninstall the port, unplug the device after uninstalling it.

Load LATEST BETA mission planner

Install the new drivers.

Only after you have done this can you plug it back in.

The fact that it shows as Comm 3 shows you have but successfully upgraded the drivers

Copter 4 Beta Just landed, I would suggest updating mission planner to the latest beta then uploading that today with the latest Drivers

What your seeing is all driver related issues.

2 Likes

Thanks now it works as soon as I loaded copter 4 beta and all ports showed up.

3 Likes

Hello, all. I built a hexa with cube yellow. Everything is working fine on 4.0.2 ChibiOS, but can’t recognise internal compass and here 2 gps and external compass. I tried turning off every one of the compasses but still cant calibrate it. Can you help me?

Please post a log while disarmed